If you could choose any new vehicle and seats today...

Holly

And you'd magically get whatever you wanted for free, what would you get? (This includes seats that haven't come out yet but we know about).

I'd get a 2011 Odyssey in red, 2 graco Argos elites, and a graco myride

ADS

carseatfreak

Oohh...good topic. I would pick a 2011 Honday Odyssey too (and 2011 pilot for the hubs!). My favorite seats to use right now are the old style MA's. I would probably stay with them for the time being (but this is our first try at extended rear facing and I hear they are shy on leg room as they get bigger). I've just not fell in love with our my rides or radian's yet... I would like to 'try' a parkway for booster.

krystin_21a

Land Rover LR 4. Of the three seats I have, I would only exchange the 07 Marathon for a newer version. Actually, I would get two of those so that the baby would have one when he/she outgrows the Keyfit. My oldest rides in a 2010 Frontier which we both love.

christineka

2010 sienna, multimac for the third row, a multitech, and two boosters... not sure which. I love the old style parkway!

If I have to go with only US current and coming soon seats, I don't know... 2 radians, a vivo, frontier 85 for dd1 because she'd love it, a cowmoo boulevard 70, and true fit premier? I don't have so many options because I refuse to drive a larger van.

macmomma

Love my new car I have so I just need a new seat- I would LOVE a Marathon70 in Crimson and one day I will buy one.. today is just not the day:( My second choice in seats would be a Blvd classic in Shannon- I always wanted to own a Shannon Blvd but I guess it will never happen:(

glockchick

I'd love a brand new Suburban. No clue on the seats. I'm finding stuff that bugs me about all of them lately. Too big, no cup holders, not compatible... :p

I would get Abigail a taller booster, probably a PW. Other than that, no clue. Radian for the little two if they were compatible rear facing and FFing I guess.

Brianna

I'd love a brand new fully loaded Jetta, and I think I'd stick with the My Ride (unless I can have the Argo for when he's ready to FF)

alake

I will play. I would have a new Mazda 5, with a Frontier for Summer, who is 5 and Leah who is tiny, but suffers motion sickness, if she didn't would rear face her in a Radian, but most likely would get her a Frontier, both in CowMoo.

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
Probably a 2011 Ody or Pilot. Whichever has better 3rd row seating position layout (seems the hip room number is the same.)

Seats: I would keep my original Frontier (booster,) MR and Monterey. Get a second Monterey, probably get an Argos for 6yo (considering reharnessing him this summer,) assuming the booster fit is ok and headslump is eliminated, or else keep my ProSport -- and a BeLogic and TWE for the 4 & 2yos.

If you ask me after this summer, my answer would be a totally different vehicle. Either a Mazda5 or something with excellent gas mileage, since I won't be hauling eleventy-million kids anymore.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
2011 3/4 ton Suburban, in the pearly white, with better rims than the standard package includes. :p

As far as seats? I dunno. Whatever fits, I guess. I need too many of them to pick and choose what I want. lol

We have an '06 right now, w/ 2 GN's, a RF Radian, a SR22 and a backless booster. Honestly, I'd be fine with those, if I could just have a better quality booster shoved in there.

ETA: Wait, this is magically free? To heck with the Suburban! I want a new custom Conversion van. E350 (for towing power), Hi-top (so I can walk upright in the back) w/ 6 captains chairs and a rear bench (seating 9 total). All lap/shoulder, LATCH, headrests, and enough room for 2 double strollers in the back, plus groceries. Dh wants to add individual tvs w/ input capabilities in the headrests, and a Nav system in the front. If we're making it custom, and it's free, can I make it run 100 miles on a teaspoon of vegetable oil or something, with a 5 gallon vegetable oil tank, so I rarely have to fill up? :p

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Chevy Volt (if DH convinces me 100% :p) or a Toyota Prius, Frontier85 in Livia or Cowmoo, and a Monterey or Harmony LiteRider if the Monterey isn't a good fit outboard in highback mode (the sloping rear ceiling/roofline in those cars might interfere with HBB at the tallest setting).

emtb79

Im going to be different I want a 2010 ODY or the 2011 in a dark color so the windows would be less noticeable. I cant quite get past the windows on the 2011 yet. Also a new fully loaded Ford van for the daycare with pivoting screens so my rear-facers acan watch the movie on the ride too.

I want a Cowmoo MT for my baby in my van.

And some new Radians if they fix the Super latch problem. A couple cowmoo FR85s, and a couple more cowmoo BVLD70s.

Kat_Momof3

I would get a Toyota Camry Hybrid in Aloe Green Metallic, a Clek Oobr in Paul Frank Heart Shades, and if Jeffrey didn't 5-step or he could fit with room to go in a backless booster, I'd get a clek olli in Paul Frank Red Scurvy

luckyclov

I wouldn't change the vehicle from what I have, an '11 Sienna, but I would get one with a power liftgate. I'm too lazy to *only* have power sliders.:p

Let's see...seats. I'd keep my Livia FR85 and Cowmoo MA70, but I think I'd want an Oobr for DS1. No, no...scratch that, I'd want the yet-to-be-released Kiddy booster (the taller one - Cruiser?). And also an Aton. Just to have. Because I have nothing to put in it.

MommaWhitney

For me a fully loaded with cloth seats 2011 Toyota Sienna in dark gray. For Dh a fully loaded with cloth seats 2011 Toyota Tundra truck.

Id keep the seats I have (GN in raya and a MyRide in the gray with dots print) and Id put those in the truck.
Id get another GN in Raya and a CA in Ella for the van.
Id also get 2 britax parkway boosters (one for each car) in cowmoo when DD1 starts to booster.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC