2011 Accord (curved seatbacks) and Turbobooster

carseatfreak

I've never experienced incompatibility issues with the turbo booster and a vehicle. My 7 year old rides in a turbobooster in daddy's car. The seats are very curved (she rides outboard next to two rear facing seats). We are having problems tightening the seat belt around the lap (which in turns messes up the shoulder belt)...it is almost like it gets stuck on the belt guides! Anyone else ever experience this when sitting in very curved seat backs? I can get it tightened but I have to go back and work on it (she usually buckles/tightens herself).

ADS

Kat_Momof3

yes... for curved backs, an evenflo big kid/big kid sport fits just so well, and the flat belt guides work better for the belts coming from the seat... if she's not in it often, I'd get one of those.

carseatfreak

yes... for curved backs, an evenflo big kid/big kid sport fits just so well, and the flat belt guides work better for the belts coming from the seat... if she's not in it often, I'd get one of those.

So...why do you say 'if she's not in it often'. Just curious? She spends probably 50% of her time in this vehicle (hubs is driving it).

Thanks for your response!!!!

~Amanda

mommycat

I use a Turbo in a 2011 Accord (and used it in the 2007 Civic, too). The belt does tend to bunch in the guide if you try to tighten by pulling through it. We solved this by teaching DS to push the shoulder belt forward in front of himself to tighten the lap belt and then smooth it back into the belt guide. Thankfully the shoulder belt guides are the nice open ones so no bunching there when he puts it back against his chest. The slight bunching in the guide are ok as long as the belts are flat across the child. We have to do the same with the ParkwaySG.

Here is the TB in the Civic after being tightened:
ry%3D400

ry%3D400

Kat_Momof3

So...why do you say 'if she's not in it often'. Just curious? She spends probably 50% of her time in this vehicle (hubs is driving it).

Thanks for your response!!!!

~Amanda

because the headrest may or may not (depends on the kid) be substantial enough for sleeping... also, there's no eps foam in the headrest (which may or may not matter to you)

my dd sleeps fine (as long as it's a short sleep of about 15min or so) in the big kid, and the lack of eps doesn't bother me because it is the best fit for her AND the car that we can afford.

but if you have a bigger budget, you may want to look at the compass B570, which has more padding, eps foam, and bigger, thicker headwings.

you may also want to look at the chicco Strada or the combi kobuk

what will help most is the flat belt guides, but the evenflo and the compass (in that order) fit the curved seatbacks better than other boosters.

the other two (chicco and combi) have the flat belt guides and that may improve the fit enough.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC