Personal loves hates of complete air?

opheliajoy

Safety 1st candid Opinions wanted!
I'm on the homestretch of deciding which seats to buy. Its down to the nitty gritty, there are a few that will work well for our needs. I'm really leaning towards this one, though!
Things that I wonder about it: are the harness adjusters going to hold up? Can you easily adjust the harness slack each tine (we switch from cloth diapers to sposies a lot), are the straps twisting a lot, etc... Whatever. For example: on our classic MA: I love the easy install, I hate the crotch depth and that it often flips around backwards when not in use.
Stuff like that.

Last edited:
ADS

opheliajoy

Pesonal.... Lol. No not what I ment. Let. Me see if I can figure out how to edit on the fly. Where was autocorrect then?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
Love:
The air pillows
The tall shell

Hate:
Continuous harness
Harness covers that get sucked back into the shell if you don't hold them while tightening

BUT the newer seats are shipping without the harness covers, and Customer Service told me I could cut them off, although I haven't yet.

This is my second CA. For some reason the prior one gave me a harder time adjusting than this one does. I HATED tightening straps on the old one because I CONSTANTLY needed to even them out. This one rarely gives me problems. Go figure.

I haven't had twist straps (though I worry I will if I ditch the harness covers, which is part of why I haven't yet).

lovemybabies924

i love mine! its the 65 newer version and the straps dont twist, its very easy to do the harness height..i actually have it in DHs car so any kid can go with dad and use it :)

Emi's Mommy

I love mine! I do wish it had harness covers, perhaps not the kind that lismama describes as those sound like a PITA, maybe something more like the MR covers. Love the tall shell and the air pillows as they are great for sleeping, installs great for me with the seat belt and I've never had a strap twisting problem or trouble with the adjuster. I do wish that we had more cover options in Canada.

christineka

I have a very new seat with no harness covers.

Like about it: front harness height adjuster, straps aren't twisty (yet), crotch buckle stays out (or at least it isn't an issue like with the avenue), super tall seat. When kid isn't in it, the harness adjusts super easily.

What I don't like about it: feels flimsy rfing, the headrest is difficult to move when child is in the seat, harness is difficult to tighten while child is in the seat.

Overall, I think I like it best as a ffing car seat.

Meg

My 4.5 has a CA in my husband's car. I like almost everything about it- easy install, side air things, harness easy to adjust, no re-threading, etc. I don't care for the fabric though (we have Harvest), it seems kind of cheap. :confused:

Kobain's Mommy

We have 3 of them thinking of getting a 4th. My only complaint is the harness covers. I actually like the continuous harness. I had issue adjusting the height till I realized I needed to loosen the harness first.

Jessica61624

I just didn't love this seat. It was a pita to install which is odd since the scenera was the easiest to install so far. The headrest was easy to adjust with no kid in the seat. But the harness was impossible to get tight when the child is in the seat. I had to pull from the back and then pull the front adjuster. The straps did get twisted on mine. It was older, late 2010. I did like the continuous harness though. You could leave it adjusted and just pull the harness to put child in and out. Finally I don't know how I feel about the 40 in rule. I dont know if Im comfortable disregarding it. It make the tall shell pointless for me since my dd is 42 in. She still fits rf in the Myride and marathon 70. I ended up returning it a week after I bought it.

MaggieQ

Senior Community Member
I have 2 of the 50# versions. One has a super twisty harness, the other is awesome.

I love the continuous harness because I don't have to adjust it all the time, I just pull one side, get her arm out, pull the other side.

Love the airbags.

I dislike that you can't remove the cover on the head rest for cleaning, but it hasn't been a problem. I dislike the wrap around cover. I dislike that I can't use the farthest out crotch strap position for RF. I hate that I bought it so early and paid $250 for it, lol.

Sent from my EVO using Car-Seat.Org

Ninetales

I like most everything. Sometimes my straps get twisty but nothing that holds me up. I haven't had to remove the harness yet and my kid hasn't messed the head pillows at all.

I don't have experience with tons of seats so it feels sturdy to me. I don't know what I'll do for sure about the height limit but I'll deal with that when I get there.

mamakc

I love or like everything about it. My only "wish" is that it could RF tether. I have not had any trouble installing it rear or forward facing. The original has a twisty harness, the newer ones do not (I have one of each). I don't even mind the harness covers, but some do. My DH keeps shoving them back into the shell, but I've never had a problem keeping them in place :shrug-shoulders:

mimieliza

I have been very happy with it. I have one of the super-basic 50 lb. models. My only complaint is that it requires a rolled towel to get proper RFing recline (it is bolt upright otherwise).

sunnyday

We like ours, not love it.
Pros: never had a problem with twisting straps, love the head-wing protection, tall shell, it looks and feels very safe to me-I feel good about my DD riding in it.
Cons: RF recline kind of sucks, it's VERY upright and we need a 3-noodle tower to make it usable, it can be hard to tighten the harness while RFing.

We have the 50# version and it didn't come with harness covers so I can't address that. We've never had it truly installed FF, but just by throwing it up on the seat in the FF position, it looks like it will be great FF (and that will also eliminate all of my cons).

gsdguenter

pros: air cushions, 40 lbs. rfing limit, lightweight, tall shell and installs upright (yes, this is a con for me too)

cons: DD1 always threw up in it :confused: DD2 has never had an issue though, hard to tighten harness when rfing, need a noodle or 2 or 400 to get the $#%^ thing reclined even a little bit, twisty straps.

I also bought the original one when it first came out and paid $200 for it (that included the discount from BRU trade in).

DD2 seems to really like this seat even though I don't and DD1 doesn't. I have even contemplated buying another one, but the 65 LX version to hopefully make install/recline better since I think that is my biggest hang up with it.

SignCuer

Love, love these seats... I never had a problem installing, adjusting, etc in many cars RF and FF. I recommend this more over the Radians especially with multiple kids.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
I have one of the very first 50lb versions (like first week they came out). I love the head wings, buy I also hate them because DS can brace himself on them when he's refusing to get buckled (buy I expect he'd do that in any away with head wings).

I love LATCH install, but seatbelt install is quite possibly the worst thing ever. I like the cover fabric a lot; it stays clean well and really hides messes. I don't mind the continuous harness and I've never had a problem loosening and tightening the harness. I like that it has a daily narrow footprint so that I can fit it side by side, or do 3 across if I needed to.

I LOVE that I can change the harness height in 20 seconds. DD prefers the CA over all else, but I don't let her ride RF a whole lot because of the height limit issue.

I hate how high the bottom slots are; DS was NOT a little baby and he was over 7 months old and in 6-9month clothes before he fit, which I think is ridiculous.

I don't like how, when the harness is higher, that there's mo lower back padding (there's that little space). Neither DD or DS has ever complained, so maybe its just me, I don't know.

If I could do it again, I wouldn't spend what I did on it ($180 or something?)

jjordan

Wow, that really is a mixed bag! Not sure what to think!

Have you had a chance to try it in your car? Buying a car seat is kind of like buying jeans. It's a good idea to try it in person before you actually buy! Reading reviews & opinions & selecting features online is only going to get you so far.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC