Uh-oh, turbo doesn't fit...need temp solution ideas.

todzwife

I took DD1's RNXTSL (flora) out to wash the cover tonight because it was beyond disgusting. My plan was to just let her ride in the turbo booster for the next few days while it dries (she's 5 1/2). BUT, next to DS's parkway, the turbo is over the buckle stalk. I CAN fasten the belt, and maybe see if she can just climb under, but I don't know if she will.

My only other option is to put DS in a backless center and put DD1 in the turbo outboard (DD1 doesn't weigh 40 pounds yet which is the PKWY's minimum). Would this be an acceptable solution for a few days? I HATE DS in a backless. (he's 7 1/2)
FWIW, we aren't planning any long trips or anything, it's just to school and back.

ADS

Kat_Momof3

I'd be fine with your son in a backless for that type of situation.

I'd either take the back off of his parkway, or pick up a harmony backless (probably what I'd do because you could put it next to the turbo... in the spot where the turbo was too wide to fit.

but since you hate using a backless, I'll also throw out the Harmony dreamtime highback for your dd... but it's short, only goes up to a 19" torso allowance... it's narrow, though, and would likely fit.

todzwife

Thanks :) I ended up putting DS in the harmony backless I keep for car pools, and DD in the turbo outboard. DS has to shimmy under the belt (we are keeping it buckled) but it's easier than DD doing that in the turbo.

She actually fits REALLY well in the turbo and says she wants to sit in it all the time. Uh no. Thanks kiddo, but it's easier to have you in the harnessed seat. She's only 38 pounds so she's got awhile yet before she outgrows it.

Kat_Momof3

lol... just tell her when she CAN do that... like... "when you're 7"... or a short list... it helped with Jeffrey to know it would come in time.

todzwife

lol... just tell her when she CAN do that... like... "when you're 7"... or a short list... it helped with Jeffrey to know it would come in time.

DS was 7 so I told her when she turns 7. By then, they'll probably have something even more nifty out there!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC