Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Thread: Newest CRST

Newest CRST

Well I finished my course today and of course I passed. 2 answers wrong on the test and did all my installs great. We even got to do actually installs today and it was great.

Car #1: 2 1/2 yr old, 35 lbs in an Eddie Bauer 3 in 1. It had the UAS/LATCH in the rearfacing slot, too loose and harness too loose. We moved the UAS, tightened the seat and tightened the harness and he was good to go.
    3 other children in van, 8 mth old that got switched from infant to convertible carseat and a (petite) 4 yr old that got her seat moved to better top tether position and seat tightened and harness tightened. Older child in only seatbelt that she was fine to stay in.

Car #2: 2 yr old approx. 30 lbs in an Evenflo Medallion (expired) we moved to middle of van, untwisted straps and tightened it up. Recommended a new carseat.
    3 other children in van, 1 mth old moved infant seat to back bench (only place we could get good install) Expired, 5 & 7 yr olds in a high back and no back (with clip) that were perfect sizes for the boosters.

I am so happy to finally be a tech and to help save children's lives. The parents today were so happy that their children left way safer than they arrived and they even learnt about their carseats. I can't wait to do more.

April
    mommy to K, 5 years, 41.5 lbs, 44 inches, harnessed in a Britax Frontier CT

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Senior Community Member

Re: Newest CRST

Congratulations

CPS Technician

Congrats! Glad to hear you can already start helping families!

Lauren, CPST since '08 and Mommy to:
    B (9) Boostered in a Chicco Kidfit and Clek Oobr
    B (2) RF in a Britax Boulevard CT and Chicco Nextfit

Congratulations!
    DD1 12 Seatbelt
    DS 10 Seatbelt
    DD2 8months Keyfit

Car-Seat.org Ambassador Patriot201's Avatar

Congrats!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    Jacqui ~ Rylan ~ 08.13.02 ~ 57.2lbs on 9/26/08 ~ Radian 65
    Join Starlight's Book Club, read your manuals! Car seats are cheaper than caskets & you can use them more than once. How much did your wedding cost? How long did it last? Does your child's safety seem more affordable now?