Will the Britax Roundabout work?

Dorothy

Short and sweet: Looking for a seat that is good for sleeping. Will be installed ffing in an ext cab pickup. DD *just* moved to the top slots on her Ave.

I know some of you are familiar with the situation. ;-)

Sent from my Eris using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
The Marathon worked in the situation I told you about in the other thread... Its worth a try if you can borrow one to try!

Dorothy

That's actually why I was inquiring about the Roundabout. :) I should have mentioned that, huh? I figured they might have similar exterior design. So, to get more specific, can you guess how DD will fit? It looks like it has a taller shell and top slots than the Ave. Did read that right? Is the Roundabout usually good for sleeping? No head slump issues?

ETA- I don't mean to be a pain. It's just that trying any seat requires an hr+ trip. I could just order one from somewhere w a good return policy, but I'd rather not be ripping open boxes willy nilly, KWIM?

Last edited:

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
I don't have a marathon to try anymore for you :( and I don't think I took any pics... it was very upright. Child was 3 and didn't sleep in the car anymore so I am not sure about head slump... can you go to BRU and try one out? sorry I can't be more help.

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

Jessica61624

I have a marathon. It's at 35 angle and my son sleeps with no head slump. We drove 3 hours last night and he slept the entire time perfectly!

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
Jessica61624 said:
I have a marathon. It's at 35 angle and my son sleeps with no head slump. We drove 3 hours last night and he slept the entire time perfectly!

Our concern is FF very upright in a pickup truck with a short back seat. :)

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
We used our bv65 in our 2000 extended cab ford truck. It worked well. No head slump. Dd2 was 3-4y when we had the truck.

Stefanie - CPStech in Iowa

Dorothy

Great! Thanks for the input, everyone. I really appreciate the help. :)

Dorothy

pippi2077 said:
We used our bv65 in our 2000 extended cab ford truck. It worked well. No head slump. Dd2 was 3-4y when we had the truck.

Stefanie - CPStech in Iowa

Question- DD has a long neck and big head. Having driven a similar truck as me, would it be worth it to get a MA70 or BV70 over a RA50 or Classic MA for the head rest? I know it doesn't buy more time as far as harness height goes, but would you spend the extra $$ just for the head rests?

ETA- jourdysmom, how about you?

KaysKidz

Senior Community Member
The nice thing about the new generation Britax seats, is there is a FF recline that works well to provide just enough recline for comfy sleeping without being overreclined. We did that when Patrick used the BV70 for a few days when we first got it.

I haven't tried it to see if it would fit in our truck. The original Britax's wouldn't fit FF.

Dorothy

So, I guess the question I really need to ask is: What is the front-to-back measurement of the BV70 or MA70 with the headrest in the highest position?

ETA- I get 23-24" from the back window to the front plane of the bottom seat cushion.

Last edited:

momtoo3

The MyRide has a natural recline FF. i would actually prefer less of a recline FF but it works for our 3 across. Ds3 sleeps with no headslump in it in dh's car. His seats are about 24-25 inches back to front at the base of the seat and the MR fits with no overhang. The seat backs are kind of angles though, not vertical like in your truck. It also puzzles well with seats in the same direction.

Dorothy

momtoo3 said:
The MyRide has a natural recline FF. i would actually prefer less of a recline FF but it works for our 3 across. Ds3 sleeps with no headslump in it in dh's car. His seats are about 24-25 inches back to front at the base of the seat and the MR fits with no overhang. The seat backs are kind of angles though, not vertical like in your truck. It also puzzles well with seats in the same direction.

Yeah, these seat backs are soooo straight up-and-down and the bottom is so shallow that I've about decided we might just be out of luck finding a ffing seat DD can sleep comfortably in. :-(

Last edited:

Dorothy

The RA50 does not work. The top of the shell is on the back glass.

ETA- I found out on the technical questions board that the shell touching the glass is not a problem.

Last edited:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC