Q about rf'ing angles.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
My ds is 7.5 mos old and in a SS1. He fits the seat well, the problem is that he's constantly trying to sit up. So when he's buckled in, he's craning his neck forward trying to be upright. I've tried installing his seat more upright and he still does it, and then when he falls asleep his head slumps to his chest. So I've increased the angle somewhat and he's still lifting his head forward - it doesn't slump to his chest when he falls asleep now, but I can't imagine it's comfortable the way he's trying to get his head forward. :confused:

I just re-installed the base again and increased the angle again hoping that that'll help. It's still within the blue range on the carrier, so it's not over-reclined.

Anyways, just wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem, and did adjusting the angle of the seat improve it or were you able to fix it? If adjusting the angle worked, did you increase the recline or decrease it?

When we briefly had the Radian ds did it in that seat as well, so I don't think it's specific to any car seat, I just think it's him trying to sit forward. :confused:

ADS

gwenvet

I would try exactly what you did, so I'm not sure that I have an answer. If you have the chance, I would try installing the Marathon RF and see if he does it in that. Maybe he doesn't like how the SS1 positions him. He looks big enough, but just remember that the straps have to be at or below his shoulders when RF. Let us know if that works.

snowbird25ca

Moderator - CPST Instructor
Good idea to try the MA and see if he does it in that. He's definitely big enough for it, has been for a number of months already. ;)

He did it when he was in the Radian for a single trip, that was actually the first time I noticed him doing it... so I don't really think it's the SS causing it. I'll be so upset if it is considering we just bought it a few months ago hoping to get him through part of this next winter in a carrier. And I'm hoping for another convertible choice to show up like the new Triumph so that I have more to choose from. :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC