Safety 1st Complete Air Testimonial

ADS

JerseyGirl'sMama

Cool. Thanks for posting this. I'm a little confused by the pictures, especially the last one. Was the seat top tethered or is that the shoulder portion coming from the celing of the center position? :confused:

mamakc

Cool. Thanks for posting this. I'm a little confused by the pictures, especially the last one. Was the seat top tethered or is that the shoulder portion coming from the celing of the center position? :confused:

The last picture shows the shoulder belt for the center seat coming out of the ceiling. I don't see any picture that shows whether or not it was tethered. I'm guessing yes because the story says the other car was going 70km/hour, which makes me think Canada, where TT is required, right? Of course not everyone follows cps rules...lol

Emi's Mommy

I think it is TT as required in Canada and the centre belt is buckled. The car appears to be a Jeep Compass and the centre belt is weird.

Meg

Right, but it appears the center belt is buckled. Does it look that way to you too?

No, that's just the shoulder belt coming out of the ceiling and buckled into the anchor point. My car has the same set-up and I usually leave the seatbelt buckled into that anchor point, rather than sucked back up into the ceiling. If the seatbelt was actually buckled into the stalk, you would see it stretched out across the center seat.

Keeks64

WOW!

Glad the child is alright!

I found this kind of ironic "He has a swollen/bruised cheek and is limping cause his legs were pinned between the passenger seat and his carseat"

Now had he been RF , do you think he would be limping? It bothers me that so many people claim RF will hurt/break legs , and yet if this child had been RF he would have suffered one less injury!

* stepping off my soap box now * lol

firemomof3

WOW!

Glad the child is alright!

I found this kind of ironic "He has a swollen/bruised cheek and is limping cause his legs were pinned between the passenger seat and his carseat"

Now had he been RF , do you think he would be limping? It bothers me that so many people claim RF will hurt/break legs , and yet if this child had been RF he would have suffered one less injury!

* stepping off my soap box now * lol

OR, if he were rf what if he was sitting froggy style? Would his leg have been pinned between the door and his car seat? My kids always sat froggy style and looking at these pictures made me think...

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
OR, if he were rf what if he was sitting froggy style? Would his leg have been pinned between the door and his car seat? My kids always sat froggy style and looking at these pictures made me think...

That always scared me as well with them RF in the van. They ALWAYS hang their legs between the seat and the door. I was always so afraid that their leg would be crushed in a crash :(

Meg

I don't think there's any reason for us to speculate what his injures would be FF vs. RF in this side impact crash. Who knows what the difference would be? I'm just so happy to see a child come away with minor injuries from a pretty major crash. The child being properly restrained in an appropriate child restraint is what made the difference here.

Kobain's Mommy

I don't think there's any reason for us to speculate what his injures would be FF vs. RF in this side impact crash. Who knows what the difference would be? I'm just so happy to see a child come away with minor injuries from a pretty major crash. The child being properly restrained in an appropriate child restraint is what made the difference here.

:yeahthatlove:

We also don't know how tall or how much the child weighed. Don't the Canadian ones have a lower weight limit on them?

Keeks64

I wasnt meaning it as a speculation between RF vs FF in a crash , simply stating that alot of people seem to think broken/injured legs dont happen in crashes when the child is FF , be it a side impact or frontal impact.

The seat definelty did its job , and an very good one being the child was only 2 & FF, judging from the crash photos regardless of RF vs FF he would have had some injuries

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC