which seat which car

flutie128

I have 3 seats for DD and 3 cars she rides in.
2006 Toyota Sienna which she rides in all the time
2003 Mazda Protege which she rides in occasionally
2007? Dodge Caravan which she rides in occasionally
I don't remember what year the Caravan is but it has stow and go seats.

Graco Nautilus, True Fit and Roundabout50
She will be FFing in all cars.

I was thinking Nautilus for the Sienna. Which seat would you put in the other cars? I really dislike the seats in the Caravan.

ADS

monica-m

CPST Instructor
If she doesn't have the head slump issues that some children have in the Nauti then that would be great for the primary vehicle. If head slump is an issue then I would try the True Fit. After you get the primary vehicle seat settled, then I would see where installs are easiest. Start with the Caravan since you dislike that one the most. How much growing room does she have in each seat?

flutie128

She is on the next from the bottom slot of the Nautilus and the 3 slot for each the Roundabout and True Fit. She weighs about 31 pounds and is 3 years old. The vehicle seat are just really slant in the Caravan. I cannot get any seat in the bight of the Caravan seats. She has not fallen asleep in the Nautilus yet so I don't know if she will have head slump or not.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
When installing in the Caravan, can you recline the seat a bit to install and then put it back up after you tighten to get a better install?

flutie128

I can try next time. The issue come that I have to recline the seat very far to put the car seat in the bight and then the seat is at a RFing angle. I could just leave a gap between the car seat and the seat back.

flutie128

So far this is the best picture I can find of the seats. See how high the front of the seat is compared to the back.
rear_seats.jpg

MandaPanda

I would try the Roundabout in the Caravan. DH's Saturn has sloped seats like that and we have a FPSVD in there (so same type of base) that looks like it was made for the spot.

Kat_Momof3

the caravan is actually easy to install in... you are supposed to recline the seat a bit first to expose the latch connectors if you use them, but even if you don't, it helps.

then the seatbelt locks at the buckle.

the only other thing to do is to take off the headrest (and for the 2005, at least, they fit well put in backwards and come back out when needed, no problem, so thats what I do so I don't loose them)

I have a 2005 caravan and I've had a ff old-style Britax Marathon ff in it before, a Nautilus, a Radain in there ff, and other seats.

really, I haven't found a seat that doesn't work in it (harnessed at least)

Kat_Momof3

there should be instructions on how to in the manual, but typically it's just pressing the button on the side of that plastic ring and lifting it out.

flutie128

there should be instructions on how to in the manual, but typically it's just pressing the button on the side of that plastic ring and lifting it out.

I will check it is my MIL's car so I don't know it that well but I think the headrest being off would really help my install. I did get the install super tight but there is a big space between the seat back and the car seat.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC