"Hello!" from a Newbie :)

KristinJ

Hi there! I've posted several times already, but haven't bothered to introduce myself yet.

I have two children..DS will be 5 in July, and DD will be 2 in June. Our van was rear-ended recently....which brings me here since I needed new seats. Should have just been easy to replace what I already had (older Roundabout and Nautilus), but there's so many choices! Currently I'm debating between RA55 and True Fit.

DD has been potty trained for the past 2 months...and since I can no longer obsess over which cloth diaper is the cutest or most functional, this website fills my need to obsess over something quite well :)

I love that there are like-minded people on here...so many of my friends are car seat idiots. I've run the risk of sounding completely snobbish and know-it-all ish many times correcting them on their seat usage, strap tightness, or booster usage at age 2, etc...and nothing drives me more batty than seeing perfectly smart, educated parents risking their babies lives. It just makes no sense to me. At least I know MY babies are safe :)

Well, once I finally decide on my seats, I'm sure I'll be sticking around :) Thanks for all your help so far!

ADS

Brianna

:happy-wavehello: Hi! I consider myself a Newbie as well- I'm more of a lurk and learn person. I :love: this site and everything I've learned here though :)

gsdguenter

Welcome! :happy-wavehello:

Oh, and I can totally relate to the no more cloth diapering thing and needing something else to fill that obsession :p

monica-m

CPST Instructor
hrice said:
And I dread the day I have to retire my CDs. I :love: them so!

Me too! Since I'm already obsessed with car seats I have no idea what will become of me when DS potty trains.

Welcome OP! I am sorry to hear about your accident but I'm glad it landed you here.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC