Leah finally rode in the Boost Air Protect booster

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Ok, that seat really needs a better name... should we call it BAP? :p

http://www.safety1st.com/usa/eng/Pr...9-BC027ASW-Boost-Air-Protect-Booster-Car-Seat (I have the 'Kinrod' from Kmart.com, it had a blue color the girls liked, and I got it for about $55)
Anyway, it was in the car from me trying it in a three-across in a Highlander with two Radians yesterday (yes, it fit, fwiw), and she asked to ride in it this morning. I made her buckle herself, which wasn't too bad, the flip up armrests are nice, she just had to learn to pull the shoulderbelt out, which seemed a teensy bit stuck in the guide, but I'll test it again later, it did NOT allow any slack, and I taught her how to snug the belt up on her chest (it's in an awkward position in my car, the slid to the middle passenger side seat, so the belt barely reaches and is a weird height).
Annnyway... after pictures last week made the lapbelt appear a little high, I was kind of worried they might look high this time. So I poked and prodded her hipbone to make sure the lapbelt was below it, it definitely was :thumbsup:
https://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#5608425993905969490
Her knees bent properly at the front edge of the seat, too, so she won't slouch down to get a comfy bend and cause the belt to ride up. I just wish the ride to school were a little longer so she'd fall asleep and we could test those mega headwings out :)

Better shot... https://picasaweb.google.com/joolstag/LeahInCarseats#5608472381765568930

Last edited:
ADS

mamakc

I'm surprised to like it from your pictures. I've seen it in the store and it looks like an alien. How wide is that seat, at the arm rests/bottom back external width?

Kat_Momof3

I agree, fit looks better with real clothes.

I just don't think her age is right... Leah should still be about 2-3yrs old... but then, I think Ruthie shouldn't be 7yrs old... I just went through her clothes to switch out the rest of her cold weather stuff for warm weather stuff... she's wearing all 7's (except one pair of pants that says 6 that would have fallen off her if I'd tried to have her wear them before now and fits like some of the 8's) and some 8's now... and she fits in an older pair of nike size 2 shoes when I tried on the size 2 sneakers and the pair of size 1.5's that I have for her to grow into. it's just WRONG I tell you! WRONG!!

these kids are supposed to be babies/little kids that fit in the rearfacing seats that should have been out when we had them!

Dillipop

I can't believe that is little Leah. I remember when she was a baby! She is such a pretty young lady.

Does the air protect require support from the vehicle seat to the tips of the child's ears like all the other dorel boosters?

thepeach80

Senior Community Member
Do you think it's tippy? I'm having the worst time w/ AJ's PWSG right now, even DH is bothered by it, so we were looking for maybe something else.

luckyclov

You don't like the Boost Air Protect booster's name? Does it not boost your interest?

Those are some crazy headwings.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC