Mia Moda Viva Infant Seat

ADS

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Not yet... carseat.org didn't even know about it (and they write summaries of all the new manuals, so they usually know about everything before everyone else!). I'm sure it passes all the safety standards, but would love to get my hands on one to see if it's easty to install and use!

Michi

Hmmm...is it just me or does anyone else think it looks an awful lot like a Cosco Designer 22 with different padding, a new base and a 'foreign sounding' name?
Especially since it goes to 22 lbs. ! (that's just too coincidental)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
LOL, that's what I thought, too... a lot of times people will just slap their name on another already-made seat brand... now I feel like I should know more about that Cosco seat...I live in my little la la land online where no one buys or uses those things, rofl!

mominabigtruck

It does kinda look like the new eddie bauer seats I've seen now that you say that. The strollers that go with them look really nice, I'm thinking about going down to baby depot sometime and checking them out.

bbartlettnfld

The base looks disturbingly like the Eddie Bauer base that Cosco ended up recalling because you couldn't install the thing for beans!

The new Maxi Cosi Carseat for the US market is definatly more of a Designer 22 than it is a Cabrio that is for sure!

NHCPSTECH

Senior Community Member
I played with it a little bit at the Baby Fair in Boston a few months ago. Honestly, I don't remember a whole lot, other than I wasn't impressed. I told the Rep that I was a Tech and she was all interested in what I had to say. I started playing with it..(I think the adjuster isn't all that smooth) and pretty quickly realized it wasn't worth the money...so now I'm in a situation where I have to tell the rep I'm not impressed... kind of awkward. So she got busy with some other folks, and I snuck away! I wish I had more to offer, other than it was nothing to write home about.

U

Unregistered

I am a certified tech and instructor here in Washington State just installed one with Daddy. Not what you would call easy to route the seat belt through all three paths. We placed in the center position and no matter how hard I tried could not get it tight enougn so daddy pushed and i feed the seat belt back into the retractor and we finally got it.

I was not familiar with this seat so I ran to the internet to find out more info hence my note to you.

I did like how everything was color coded correct recline green correct handle position green pretty basic but very helpfull with new parents.

Not to thrilled with the harness covers, they seemed a little large and looked like they might interfer with correct retaining clip placement.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I thought it was too. We do not carry the car seat or stroller at the store though (Baby Depot).

Ashley_R

I wrote up a review on it a few months ago when it first hit stores. Its been a while but my over all impression was 'its just ok'. My biggest issue was that the base stuck somehow the first time I took the seat out and I could not for the life of me figure out how to get it back in. It took at least 10 minutes to figure out it was the seat and not me having the problem. I never did get back to BRU to install (sad too, I live close enough I could walk but that of course would leave me with no car to install it in!!!)

The base is not nearly as bad as the recalled eddie bauer seat. Much larger and less round. I had the RB seat in a check and it was a nightmare. The EB seat's biggest problem was not being round at the front but having a short low belt path that was curved and allowed the seat to rotate. This seat's belt path is not round. Its more like a snugride's as I recall.

I might run over to BRU before it gets too hot (already 80+ expected to get to 96!!!)

My Review

Last edited:

Ashley_R

I am back from attempting to fit the Mia Moda in my 2005 Kia Sorento and it did not fit properly with either LATCH or the seat belt. The LATCH provided a better fit than the belt but was still not secure and allowed for excessive lateral movement.

The latch issues are fairly standard for dorel products. 2 latch connectors on 1 long belt with 1 adjuster. Makes for a tough install. They did improve the latch connectors the the nicer britax style which made life easier but not easy enough to get the seat in.

The seat belt required the belt stalk be twisted 3 full turns and the belt buckle was still too far into the belt path to allow the seat to be secured. It also prevented the seat from locking into the base.

Sorry I did not get any pictures. Maybe another day but today I got distracted. Firstly because they had a new seat that i need to google. The surefit by evenflo. It has a belt lock (although confusing and easy to screw up) and 22lb weight limit so it definitely wont be on my top list. I will be back later to measure it up and write up a full review. My new friend the sales guy says that it is new in the last 2 weeks. I also discovered that EVERY chicco seat in the store was affected by the recall (he went back to check the dates of man. to see and sure enough they were all affected) they sold most of their last shipment so now safekids will have to prepare for it. I had a friend buy one the day before the recall that is almost defiantly affected and she and I don't agree on the car seat stuff so I know she'll be upset with me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC