Update & New Seat~PICS

Hey there,
Not sure if I will be remembered. I was a somewhat regular poster here up to 2yrs ago. Life took a downward spiral with my rough pregnancy & the dad just up & leaving. But anyhow, I am back. I am the proud new owner of a laptop too : ) My pc is so ancient.

I had my ds 4wks early & he had a bit of a nicu stay. I thought things would be great once he got a bit stronger, but he just didn't grow well. It was a very frustrating time. Growth check every 3 days for weeks. As he got older, he wasn't hitting any milestones. He didn't hold up his head till 5mo, roll from tummy at 7mo, back at 9mo & he sat at 11mo. He has hypotonia (low muscle tone, not apparent now) & finally at 15mo he was dx with a growth disorder. Basically, he physical age is younger than his actual age. He has just hit 20lbs!! He is turning 22mo next week & he is 29.25in. At 12mo he was 14lbs & 26in. So, maybe I should flip him now. Just kidding!
With his growth disorder, his skeletal age is delayed so it is even more important for him to erf as long as possible (as if I wouldn't anyway). He is in a MA but that will be expiring next February. I would like to free up that seat for older children to use though if needed(I have my hdc up and running again!) so am looking to move him into something else. I have really been wanting a CCO, but will wait for the new ones if I get one. I like the new Britax line up but not digging the covers.

So, if you were going to get a new convertible & size wasn't an issue, what would you want & why? I really want RF tethering, which I know limits me to 3 companies. Ugh. I have an 03 Olds' Silhouette & he is in a captains chair.

Here's some newbie pics :)

Carseat test. He was 4:11 & 18in. That's a preemie outfit on him!
img335.jpg

img033.jpg

7wks 5lbs
img016.jpg

Here's some pics:
In the CCO in January
DSCN1084.jpg

MA 70 a few weeks ago
DSCN1498.jpg

BV 70
DSCN1500.jpg

In his Barnum MA in January : )
DSCN1195.jpg

ADS

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I remember you. :)

Don't forget the the true fit premier has an anti rebound bar, so maybe add that to your list.

Auntie2Avi

He's so cute! Is his hair red? I'm glad that he is doing better and I hope that we get to "see" you around more. Have fun carseat shopping!

sunnymw

I was going to suggest the TFP also. What a cutie!!

Sent from my HTC Evo using Car-Seat.Org... please excuse typos and autocorrect!!

Kat_Momof3

TARA!!! I've wondered where you went! I totally remember you... from the old babycenter board, from here, and I have been wondering what's going on with you.

Your little boy is adorable!

There's another mom on here (Bram's mom - urchin_grey) with a son with similar growth issues...

I'd probably say TFP as well... because it seems he needs height space with his long torso... so the TFP being the tallest makes it my first pick.

Aww! Glad I am remembered! No, Elliot has brown hair, but it has always had a hint of red in it in the right light, good eye! Kat, I can't believe how big Ruthie is. I have been reading here for a few days & had seen your siggy, your kids are looking great! It has been a long few years. I was on bedrest for 11wks with Elliot, 5 of that was in the hospital. The dad disappeared a few weeks after we found out I was pg. What a winner, eh? He is seeing him now though. Anyway, I am glad to be back in the swing of life and financially good again. It really sucks when you have to close up your business & sole income & give up a gorgeous house (rented), which was packed into a storage unit while I was in the hospital.

Back to the seat, I really don't dig the TFP just because of the size. I am leaning towards the CCO since it will be a really long time before he'd outgrow it anyhow. He is still sleeping, but I've been meaning to get his torso again. I *just* moved the straps on his MA up to the 2nd slots. I am not looking for longevity in a seat as whatever I get will last him a good while anyway.

Kat_Momof3

oh well in that case... yes... get the cco... it's so freakin' awesome!!

I'm sorry you had to go through so much... hope life seems more normal for you now.

Kat, don't you want just 1 more baby so you can use all of these new seats? :D
You're welcome Kac! Can't go wrong with posting itty bitty pics especially. I knew I'd get to share them some day here!

Hey Kay! Catch you on FB tonight hopefully. Can you believe how Elliot has changed? Wowzers. He was soooo preemie, then bam, toddler pics, lol!

Thanks Heather! I thought he looked pretty good in it also. Just need to choose a color....probably green unless they come up with something else I like better. Hopefully they release the new cco in June for real!

MaggieQ

Senior Community Member
He is adorable! I *love* my radian. It tethers RF, too. It has issues with the super latch malfunctioning in several cars, but mine is fine. (07 camry) it'll last longer than the cco which is good for children with low muscle tone.

Sent from my EVO using Car-Seat.Org

Kat_Momof3

I do, but I don't... I'm very happy with having 3 kids, all in school, no one in diapers... and between Damian's dyslexia (and other special needs, but this is the most prevalent right now) needing a lot of help (he's finally reading at a level of a child LEAVING kindergarten... it's taken this long to get him there) and Ruthie's lack of anger/impulse control causing such problems at school for the bulk of the year, I don't know if I'd have time for another baby.

As it is, I went back to school and am trying to find a job so I can work full time and bring in more income... but if we could afford it AND I could drop my weight down to at least 250 (my pre-Damian weight) AND I had a breast reduction first (my boobs are still an H... they went up one size per kid (moreso during Ruthie's pregnancy... when they got up to a J during it... if they hadn't gone down somewhat, I don't think I could walk upright), then I'd be open to it.

But I think I'll probably end up doing what Kay is now, but later, when these 3 are grown.... or I may just wait and spoil my future grandkids with carseats.

I'm not into the Radian much. Had one, sold one so my friend had a hwh skinny seat for her daycare. I bought my sis one & she took her nb home in it, niece is 3.5 now! My dd rode in the Radian I had till she was 7, yay! Anyway, not concerned about a seat lasting a long time, just really want something smaller but with extra safety features. I am really torn between the cco & a britax. Just waiting to see what the new cco has right now.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC