Question Open box carseat?

rachelmomof3

I ordered a KF30 from from no better deal and it was listed as an open box item. I got it yesterday and it could have been retaped, it was hard to tell. It was still in the original box in plastic with the registration tag attached and the manual wasn't attached but was still sealed in the bag. Would you use it?
Thanks!!

ADS

Jessica61624

rachelmomof3 said:
I ordered a KF30 from from no better deal and it was listed as an open box item. I got it yesterday and it could have been retaped, it was hard to tell. It was still in the original box in plastic with the registration tag attached and the manual wasn't attached but was still sealed in the bag. Would you use it?
Thanks!!

Check the seat over. I think its good though.

aeormsby

With tags still attached, I'd feel find using it. (I got our Frontier from Target, it was an online return, and I feel 100% safe using it).

Kat_Momof3

with all tags attached, but especially with the seat being in original plastic (something not all companies do, but which I find is one way to be sure the seat is brand new), I wouldn't hesitate.

Could be that they ordered it, but then got one from their shower... which happens.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
I would look it over and if I didn't see anything I wouldn't hesitate to use it. Since the tags are attached and it's in plastic it is doubtful that thing has even seen the interior of a passenger vehicle.

rachelmomof3

Thanks! It didn't look like it had been opened, just wanted to make sure I wasn't going to be putting baby at risk in it. I already like it so much better than the SR22 I had with my other kiddos. It seems a lot more padded too!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC