What boosters work best?

libranbutterfly

For three cross situations? I am going to be doing childcare. Lexi will be in the middle a marathon. To give an idea of the space I have: A high back turbo fits (puzzles under sides of marathon a little) but I have to slide the booster out, buckle, the slide it back in.

ADS

monstah

The Turbo puzzles better with our RA50 than our PKWYSG does. Ford Explorer.

ETA: The PKWY does puzzle well, I just find the Turbo fits better. With both seats I need to pull the booster over, buckle, push it back.

Sent from my Nexus One using Car-Seat.Org

Last edited:

clmchrissy

The Turbo puzzles better with our RA50 than our PKWYSG does. Ford Explorer.

ETA: The PKWY does puzzle well, I just find the Turbo fits better. With both seats I need to pull the booster over, buckle, push it back.

Sent from my Nexus One using Car-Seat.Org

Is this with a rf or ff RA50?

libranbutterfly

A 98 Chevy Blazer and a 2000 Kia Sportage. It is a little tighter fit in the blazer, surprisingly. I am thinking of trying a Big Kid LX because of the pivoting armrests. I know I can fit it as a highback in the kia, but still have to slide the seat out to buckle. I am probably going to have to do that no matter what, aren't I?

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Do you want HB or backless? The Evenflo Big Kid Sport (like the Amp with a back) is narrow for a HB. Backless, for sure the Harmony Literider.

libranbutterfly

For Kamille I want highback, I am planning on a literider on the other side. I am doing childcare for an 8 yr old and a 6 yr old. I am thinking Kamille will go in the front seat in the radian, when we all go somewhere. (Rare, until I get a van) and the 2 childcare girls in boosters on either side of Lexi, in the Marathon. Is there a big size difference in the size of the sport and the regular big kid? I think the pivoting armrests might make it a little easier, unless I am missing something.

Kat_Momof3

the harmony boosters are the narrowest... the dreamtime is short, though... but the backless boosters (and the dreamtime converts) are the narrowest boosters on the market right now

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC