Any advantages to the regular CA (vs. SE/LX)?

Keeanh

Lets say you could have either the regular CA or the CA SE for the same price. Which would you choose? Is there any reason to prefer the regular over the SE?

ADS

gsdguenter

Well, the SE/LX have the adjustable recline. The regular doesn't so you'd need to use pool noodles/rolled towel to get the right recline. As for the SE vs. the LX I believe the only difference is the cover options, but not positive.

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I *think* that some models do NOT have a removable base. So, if the option to remove the base is important to you, then you might want to look into that. I have no real information of which ones allow/don't etc. I know my yearish old CA 50 basic model DOES let you take off the base.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Huh...I thought there weren't any bases on any seats till the 65lb model? And the LX and SE are like the new AOE's where the base doesn't come off?

momto3girls

Senior Community Member
I have a year old regular CA LX (50lb version) and there's no way to take the base off. The only thing I don't like about the LX is that you can only use the most reclined position for rf. The other positions are only for FF. Defeats the purpose of a base to me. This means I can't use it in my 3rd row when we need the room for visitors.

There's no difference between the LX/SE models except for the cover.

Kobain's Mommy

Well, the SE/LX have the adjustable recline. The regular doesn't so you'd need to use pool noodles/rolled towel to get the right recline. As for the SE vs. the LX I believe the only difference is the cover options, but not positive.

This! I've got 2 CA65s and a LX. The LX has a recline on it. The SE has a "premium" cover on it. I don't know how much better as I've never seen one in person.

Chris

From the pics I have seen, the SE premium cover has embroidery on it making it look better, but I **think** it is the same fabric, just fancier with the pretty scrolly (if that's a word) embroidery design.

Sorry, no idea about the bases though.

Keeanh

Thanks guys! I have an SE in my garage right now, new in box. I could sell it for more than I paid for it. The whole "use only fully reclined RF" thing had me hesitating, wondering if I should sell it & get the regular (which is on sale right now). As much as the Scenera is a pain in the butt to install, I like that I can get it as upright as I want in any vehicle.

Also, I'm not really in love with the Oxygen cover. I think it looks like someone doodled on it :duck:.

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
The bases are not removable on any. The original (50 lb version) seats had bases with the LX models. SE just means 'special edition' which means different fabrics.

Posted by a robot and susceptible to unrelated and potentially inappropriate AutoCorrects.

Keeanh

I would try installing it first. In my Neon I get a good upright with the full recline.

I tried it in my van, and it was okay. I guess if I try it in my big van (the Express), that's about as flat a seat as I'm going to have to use. I'm not the type to buy one seat for each child for each vehicle, install, & leave. Too many kids & too many vehicles, LOL. My seats are constantly getting rearranged, benches being slid forward & back, different combo of kids in DH's car, etc.. I like to have options ;).

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC