When you buy a new seat - what DOM should

Luvsunflower

You expect as a minimum?

I bought a new Marathon today at bru and was a bit disappointed to find a DOM of Nov 2010. That's 1/2 a year I'm losing out on the life of my seat??
Is this normal? I would've thought for a big chain like that - they would've had a larger turnover?

ADS

Cryssy Jane

Depends on price for me. The better the deal I got the older I expect the seat to be. 6 months is typically average it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

Luvsunflower

Depends on price for me. The better the deal I got the older I expect the seat to be. 6 months is typically average it seems.

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

So you're saying 6 months is average if you didn't get it on sale? Older than that if you got a really good deal?

Guess maybe I shouldn't be so picky then! :)

Cryssy Jane

So you're saying 6 months is average if you didn't get it on sale? Older than that if you got a really good deal?

Guess maybe I shouldn't be so picky then! :)

yes. Depending on retailer one may expect something newer, but usually within six months without a killer deal is pretty average.

sparkyd

I agree on the 6 months. I'm OK in that range. For any seat that isn't made in the US, you couldn't realistically expect to get one made too recently.

DadToThree

I'd say ask ... everytime you purchase a car seat you should ask the retailer what the DOM is ... or at least check it if you are picking up in store. If they don't have current stock, then you can look for something newer!

6 months is decent for anything not made in North America ... but newer is better.

There are some really old versions of seats being sold in the market right now ... so asking is the best policy.

tam_shops

When I bought 2 Maestros last year, I forgot to check before I brought the second one home. It was OLDER than the first. I phoned & asked to speak the to the person in charge of the baby dept and explained. She went into the back & checked. She found me a newer one. I brought the older one in & just exchanged it. If there was a big sale, just wait a few days & then go back & exchange it when they have new stock in. I would not be happy with a 6 month old seat, unless it was one great sale!

tam

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC