Maestro and Chase

Lenae

How does the Maestro compare the Evenflo Chase in harness height? I'm trying to buy a cheap seat for my nephew, 3 years old, 34 lbs. My sister is about to take him out of the overhead shield seat I gave her and use nothing!:eek: Honestly, if I get her a seat, she'll only use it until DNe is old enough to buckle himself up, so if the Chase is at least close to comprable, and I can get it for $20 cheaper, it is probably worth it for me. I wish I had an unlimited budget, I'd get all her kids new seats. As it is, I will probably have a hard time convincing DH to get one.

ADS

jujumum

I don't know about the Chase or harness heights, but the Maestro has EPS foam, works well as a booster, and harnesses up tp 50lbs (10lbs more than the Chase). I just picked up one at BRU for $64 with a 20% off coupon. Maybe she can pitch in the difference?:)

mamakc

I don't know about the harness height difference, but I would go for the Maestro just based on the fact that it's a decent booster so maybe when she stops using the harness the kid can use it as a booster for a while. Have you shared with her that kids can learn to buckle the harness? My DD buckles herself up and has since she was about 3.5 It is way easier for her to buckle a 5pt harness than a seatbelt

cookie123

I'd go with the Maestro simply because the Chase has a stupid harness adjuster on it. It may make the difference between her using it or not.

mylittlet

Senior Community Member
cookie123 said:
I'd go with the Maestro simply because the Chase has a stupid harness adjuster on it. It may make the difference between her using it or not.

I agree!

Stefanie - CPStech in Iowa

Lenae

Thanks ladies. No BRU in her town, but I will pass along the info about it working as a booster. Thanks.

Kat_Momof3

the chase's harness slots are only 1" shorter, but the harness adjuster is much more complicated.

also, the maestro makes a good booster, where the chase does not... so at least when she wants to take him out of the harness, he'll have a good booster to use for awhile... it's on the shorter side, but it's better than a backless (though I'd buy her a highback turbo or a backless harmony literider/cosco highrise when he outgrows the highback mode of the maestro)

Last edited by a moderator:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC