Recommendations for baby headbands?

vonfirmath

I LOVE the look of headbands like this:
http://www.sweetbabybowtique.com/15crochetheadbandheaderpic.jpg

Any ideas of where I could go to get a selection of these in different colors?
My baby girl will be wearing most of her older brother's clothes and I figured headbands to match would help point out she is a girl.

(My sister and I were both bald as newborns. My son was too so I'm expecting this one to be hair-free)

ETA: and which size is more appropriate? I see them sold at 1.5-inches and 3-inches.

ADS

MoreLatte

Walmart has a six pack of those headbands for about $3, then you just add clip-on bows to them. They're on a display between the toddler and girls clothes.

That's what I bought for DD. I use either the big bows, flowers or the hair curly barretts from Gymboree on them. She's been wearing them from about age two months and she has a little noggin. It wouldn't be hard to tighten them up if needed.

Blondie87

A friend of mine makes hair stuff, and I have bought a couple headbands like that from her before. Here is her Facebook. She doesn't have any like that listed, but I know if you'll ask, she could give you a price and makes some for you. She usually charges like $3 a headband or so, and $12+ is free shipping.

lorismurph

Senior Community Member
Don't know if you have them but Family Dollar sells them here. I've gotten tons of them, 4 pack for $1. I like the 1.5" I wear them every day! I have some of the 3" but they tend to slide off my head, I can't imagine them staying on a baby.

One trick I've learned. If they get stretched out and aren't staying on, throw them in the washer, then dryer. They shrink right back up.

I've also found them at Kohls but they cost a lot more.

jess71903

Ambassador
I bought an assortment of 16-20 I think from www.alwaysunderpay.com. We still use them even though Evie has a tiny amount of hair now. Definitely get the smaller ones. The 3" ones are huge on infants.

Ooh, yeah- they have the 28 piece assortment for $14.

lovemybabybug

I buy mine on ebay then make the bows to clip to them. Walmart has been getting big fat bows for $1 each, and Gymboree always has the curly barrettes on sale (2 for $1.49). And when your baby is older and doesn't wear the headbands anymore, you can still put the bows on her!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC