Anyone curious what a 47.25", 56-lb, 6 1/2-year old looks like RF in a RN?

luckyclov

Just for fun.:p

Clearly, she's outgrown the seat RF by weight (and height) and we would *never* use it this way, but she begged me to try it out. First thing she did was throw her legs up on the seat and say, "This is awwwwwwwwwwesome!". The top harness slots were still slightly above her shoulders (due to angle), so she'd be set on the 2nd to top slots RF'ing.

The 3 across is the RF RN and two HB Montereys in a '10 Ford F150 SuperCrew.

RFradian.jpg

ADS

jourdysmom

CPST Instructor
Lol mine beg to go back RF until the car actually moves. Then they gripe lol

Sent from my DROIDX using Car-Seat.Org

Mysweethoneybee

Thank you so much. My 3.5 year old son is a little heavier and a quarter inch shorter and I have often wondered what he would look like rear facing just because everyone else here with 3.5 year olds seem to have them rf. There isn't a seat he could rf in but seeing her legs I know that my son would take the opportunity to kick his brother in the face if he was rfing.

Pixels

Yeah, technically. But, personally, it doesn't sit well in my cozy department having no shell above the head RF'ing.:eek:

I agree, it's not something I would do myself except in a few specific circumstances, but you said that she has clearly outgrown the seat RFing by height without any qualifiers.

luckyclov

I agree, it's not something I would do myself except in a few specific circumstances, but you said that she has clearly outgrown the seat RFing by height without any qualifiers.
Well, FTR, my intention was not to state she'd clearly outgrown the seat by height. I added height in afterwards, in parenthesis, and it didn't even cross my mind that people might attach clearly outgrown with it.

But, yes, per SKJP and the manual - she has not, technically, outgrown the seat RF height wise, as her ears are not yet level with the top of the shell yet. I, personally, prefer to use the 1" of shell above head RF'ing rule with all seats, though.:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC