Pictures of the Cybex Aton - PIC HEAVY

honeydew

My BRU has the Cybex Aton!

Front view.

15bf4e97.jpg

Back view of the seat on the base. It took me a good 5 minutes to figure out how to remove the seat from the base.

1704b573.jpg

Side view. The plastic piece to the left of the handle attaches to the canopy, but the whole thing was broken off the seat so I couldn't play with it. The canopy is a stretchy, nylon material.

bc1c48f1.jpg

Metal bar that locks the seat into the base.

a120ab5a.jpg

Installation pictorial on the base itself.

fbbbc6df.jpg

The entire base.

db664d9b.jpg

To detach the seat from the base, you have to squeeze in on the white part and then pull the seat toward the back of the car, sliding the metal piece out of the grooves. It's awkward!

6d2e3b66.jpg

Another view of the release mechanism.

1754a45e.jpg

Slot where the metal piece on the seat locks into the base.

f462f536.jpg

I guess it's a nice enough seat. It was very sturdy. The difficulty in removing the seat from the base really annoyed me!

I can get more pictures another day if someone wants something specific.

ADS

Spam

front view pic isn't showing up for me. Did it look a lot shorter than kf30 or the sr35? I need to make a trip to brus to see the new seats

J-max

CPST Instructor
Thanks! I would love to see it compared to a keyfit 30, if possible. I am seriously considering these 2 seats for our baby, and am torn.

I don't like hearing that is it hard to remove, that sucks :( The rumor from Cybex was that the release was on the base to make it easier and lighter to carry.

How was it to carry around?

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I don't remember having to slide the seat off the base. :confused: It does have a two-step release (like, squeeze one thing; pull another) but it wasn't difficult at all.

honeydew

It definitely could have been user error, as there wasn't an instruction manual for me to read.

The seat itself was nice and light and easy to carry. I wasn't able to compare it to any other infant seats due to time constraints. I can get back over there later in the week.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Is that a fancy BRU or a regular one? (Hmmm...how to describe the difference... regular BRU's have Roundabouts and Onside Airs, fancy ones have Radians and Peg Perego).

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
joolsplus3 said:
Is that a fancy BRU or a regular one? (Hmmm...how to describe the difference... regular BRU's have Roundabouts and Onside Airs, fancy ones have Radians and Peg Perego).

Mine has Pegs but no Radians. And no Atons yet. What does that make mine?

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Mine has Pegs but no Radians. And no Atons yet. What does that make mine?

BRU Salad. :p

I dunno, I know lorinick works at a super loaded BRU, while I work at walmart's competition (in a nice neighborhood, so, yeah, lots of our shoppers just take their money elsewhere instead of to us to get their high end strollers :rolleyes:), and I'm always trying to read up on the planograms to see what cool things we AREN'T getting that the fancy stores do.

I just was hoping she was at a lame BRU too, so I might have a chance of getting the Aton :D

JOII

When I was at BRU checking out the Rumi air the had also just put out the Aton. Its not a 'fancy' BRU :) Well, it has Pegs, but no Radians :)

wavegal

I didn't find it difficult to remove, I actually think people are more likely to mess up putting it in since most don't have the back in first

honeydew

My BRU has Pegs but no Radians. It is actually being remodeled into a TRU/BRU right now.

I guess I'm alone in my struggles to remove the thing from the base! :)

I'm used to the Graco infant seats so maybe that contributed to my difficulties.

honeydew

There's another BRU in south Austin, maybe it's a fancy one? I will plan a car seat field trip out there maybe on Wednesday.

luckyclov

My BRU has Pegs, no Radians, and sales associates who inform you it's ok to install the base to your bucket with LATCH and the bucket with the seatbelt.

What category does *that* fall into?

Kat_Momof3

the trick to removing it, accoridng to the babygizmo.com video is to push in the green button (the green you see below the big grey one), then push down on the grey one and lift up.

but I hope they get it at my bru so I can check it out next weekend (should have been this one, but Ruthie got sick... I want to try her in the Rumi Air in booster mode, if they have it)

agave

There's another BRU in south Austin, maybe it's a fancy one? I will plan a car seat field trip out there maybe on Wednesday.

I was there a couple of weeks ago, I don't know if it's fancy but I can tell you they don't have radians, but the Buy Buy Baby across the street does. They have a lot more high end stuff.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
My BRU has Pegs, no Radians, and sales associates who inform you it's ok to install the base to your bucket with LATCH and the bucket with the seatbelt.

What category does *that* fall into?

Hey, you can't blame them, the picture on the box of the Prince Lionheart seat protector shows THAT as proper use :p

Baylor

Just being a novice, I would think that having it attach to the base that way is another way to make sure it does not come loose in crash and fly forward out of the base?

Just my thinking please let me know if that is right or not.

It is cool to see how far car seats have come since buying my first in 1988...

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC