Loaned our MA for the weekend... (a "no carseat"/"Yay for DH!" story)

AdventureMom

Senior Community Member
We're keeping K (my friend's daughter) a few nights a week now. This morning, DH took K to meet her g'mother who will keep her for the rest of the weekend (K's mom is waiting tables at night and is working all weekend b/c it's one of the busiest weekends of the year). We had Nolan's Monarch installed b/c I had put it in yesterday (for the first time) to take Nolan and K swimming at the Y since DH had the Triumph in his Jeep. Anyway, this morning DH hopped in the minivan, sticking Nolan in his Monarch and K in the MA since she's a little peanut and definitely too small for a booster. I told DH to put Nolan in his MA after dropping K off.

DH later called and said, "K's grandmother doesn't have a carseat in her car. Do I give her the MA or the booster?" Crud. She's too tiny for a booster - maybe 30lbs? Nolan's pushing 40lbs, so I told him to give her our MA. :( I'll remind K's mom to get it when she gets K on Monday. We'll put Nolan in the Triumph for the weekend - I was literally testing the Monarch since we're thinking of putting him in it in his grandpa's car for his Sundays-with-Grandpa outings.

BUT - I was soooo proud of DH! I bet six months ago, he would've come home and said, "K's grandma didn't have a carseat. Can you believe that? Hopefully K will be okay for the weekend." Instead, he knew she couldn't be without a CRS. :thumbsup: (To give K's grandma some credit, she thought that K's mom was sending K's carseat - they usually just install that one which is also a MA).

Last edited:
ADS

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC