Cleaning question

smileybrea

CPS Technician
:confused::confused:

Apparently DH gave C a piece of gum the other day :mad:...I found it stuck to the cover of the headrest portion on the CA. Any advice/suggestions on how to get it off????

Also B had an accident in his Frontier80. I handwashed the cover but the foam smells really bad :thumbsdown: Can I rinse it down with water?

TIA :)

ADS

mamom

A lot of time gum comes off material with ice. put the ice on the gum, get it really cold and it should come off

tjham

I use DissolvIt or GooGone for gum on material.

The foam can be hand-washed with soapy water.

Chris

re:Frontier 80-not sure if it was totally legal, but in my boulevard I used to rinse out the gray piece of comfort foam. It would get seriously funky and I would just rinse it under cool clear water, gently squeeze and set it somewhere to dry. I assume this is the foam you mean?

If it is the EPS/EPP foam you can't remove it. If that is the smelly foam I'd try wiping it with a damp cloth or I'd call Britax. I think you can buy replacement pieces of some part of eps/epp foam (they had them for the old style boulevard headrests)s.

Kat_Momof3

the easiest way I get gum off is with peanut butter... take peanut butter and rub it on there until all the gum is off... then you can spot clean it.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Take canned air, turn it upside down, and spray. It freezes it really good, and fast. The gun, not the pee. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC