A misuse I've never seen before!

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
3yo(ish) in a backless booster. Booster was used as a backrest instead of a seat; belts were threaded through armrests.

And, lol, my 9yo was the one who pointed it out to me on the road today.

ADS

ks1978

Wow. That's special. And very interesting, what gies through peoples minds? I just spotted a new install this weekend. Instead of using the seatbelt (which was obviously there and not being used. The expired looking seat was attached to the backrest with a BELT only!

Sent from my iPhone using Car-Seat.Org

ericarizo

Wow that is crazy. I have always heard of people using the infant bucket FF and finally saw one in real life a few day's ago.

amelia222

Weird. The most creative I've seen is a truck with a TF outboard only held in by the tether hooked to a LATCH anchor and an infant seat installed perfectly in the center except that it was using borrowed LATCH anchors. She though the TF only had one hook and I discovered the real LATCH strap moldy and covered in old food under the cover but not where it should be...ick!

Kat_Momof3

I have to admit that would be something I've never seen... using a booster as a backrest.

I think the fit of the belt on some of these tiny ones might actually be better with it that way (well, the shoulder portion, not the lap portion), but of course it's dangerous and ridiculous.

ntrenary

my sister installed her baby bucket base with the seatbelt, then used the latch hooks to hold the bucket to the base. Oh and to make it easier to unhook the bucket from the base, she used a cheap mountain climbing hook (the kind you see in the walmart check out line) to hold the latch hooks together.

turtlemama

I saw my first infant seat in the front seat the other day :(
not even buckled in, so I am really hoping there was no baby in there since I didn't look long enough to find out.

my mom once saw a lady with newborn twins put both babies in the same infant seat because by themselves they were under the weight limit so they could share until they were over 5 pounds each than they would each need one

mlohry

I saw a Scenera being used as a booster the other day. The person had taken the harness out and was using in, "booster mode" :)

luckyclov

I saw an elementary school aged girl sitting on the lap of an adult male in the front passenger seat of a 4 door sedan yesterday. With no passengers in the back seat. No worries, though, I saw the shoulder belt pulled across, so they were safe.:rolleyes:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC