Question Searching for a tall back umbrella stroller

D

DocsWifey

Hello, I'm new here and was already reading for hours on here but still can't seem to find an answer I'm satisfied with.
I have a 7 year old girl, a 4 year old son and a 3 year old girl. I'm looking for a new umbrella stroller, mainly for my 3 year old. Just for trips to the zoo, mall or on vacation. My son sometimes needs to sit in in also (for long daytrips), since both are still taking 2-3 hour naps everyday!
My DD is 3 yo, 39 inches, 35 lbs, my DS is 4 1/2 yo, 41 inches, 33 lbs.
I want an umbrella stroller that reclines, so both could take a nap in it if necessary. The back rest has to be tall, I want full head support, if possible with inches to grow. 5 point harness would be nice, but a 3 point would be fine too. I was trying to measure the back of DD and she's 22 inches from head to butt :). The Esprit umbrella stroller I have is 20 inches, so her head sticks out.
I was reading about the MacLaren stroller, especially the Volo (even though it doesn't recline) and the Triumph. But there're different opionions out there, some say theyr'e great for tall children and some say their head is sticking out over 37 inches. I live in the middle of the desert, here is nothing, even the next Walmart is 45 min away and it's not even a SuperWalmart. Toysrus is 1,5 hours away and shops like BabiesRus or Burlington are 2,5 hours away. So I can't go to the store and testdrive. :(
I also read about the Graco Ipo, the Inglesina strollers, Mia Mode and so much more. I just can't seem to find the right one. Money is not an issue, even though I don't really want to spent over $200 for an umbrella stroller. It should last a couple years, since it will be my last stroller :(, so a weight limit up to 50/55 lbs would be great. My oldest one has JRA, she walks 99% of the time since she's 3 and is doing great with it, but sometimes, on long days, she needs to sit and rest also. So, please, help me out here, I value all your opinions. Thank you!

ADS

AnnaC

HAve you tried watching the Baby Gizmo review videos on Youtube? They helped me so much when I was trying to pick a stroller. Holly's very thorough with the reviews and almost always gives the measurements of the seat and everything else.

D

DocsWifey

HAve you tried watching the Baby Gizmo review videos on Youtube? They helped me so much when I was trying to pick a stroller. Holly's very thorough with the reviews and almost always gives the measurements of the seat and everything else.

I watched a couple you tube videos, but I don't think they were from Baby Gizmo. I will check that out, thank you!

jheimes

I have the graco ipo and have been very pleased with the recline and seat height. My 5 yr old can still sit in it, but head touches top of edges when reclined. My 2.5 yr old and 7 mos old fit beautifully. Folds like an umbrella stroller, long and skinny. Has 5 pt harness and almost flat recline.

Dorothy

It's not exactly an umbrella, but it is compact in its own way- Have you looked at the Baby Jogger City Micro? Albee had them on clearance for less than $100. DD is 23" seated (bum to top of head), and she still naps in our Micro. We have a Blink, too. Got it on clearance from Albee as well. But her head is almost too far over the back for napping. HTH

Sent from my Eris using Car-Seat.Org

Kaylee31

JustKidsStore

JustKidsStore offers Free Shipping on any order over $99. And if you find what you're looking for somewhere else, we'll be happy to pricematch, too!

Dillipop

I have a Cybex Topaz and it has a pretty tall seat. My just turned 5 year old can sit in it and have enough back to have support under his head, even though I think the top of his head is above the seat back now. I really like it a lot.

luckyclov

I have a Britax Blink (55 lb weight limit) and a BJ City Micro (50 lb weight limit) and they both have a very generous seat back. My 47.25" 7-year old can still sit comfortably in them. Both recline plenty enough for a nap, but not a full recline. The Micro's back is definitely taller, though. They actually rank 1 and 2 of favs in my stroller collection.:)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC