Question Drats. 39.8 lbs...

kalamos23

I was hoping to get to 3 yo rfing, but weighed dd this morning with no shoes and she is 39.8 lbs. She is still nursing and now that my milk is in she has been gaining like crazy (was 37 lbs 2 weeks ago before the baby came).

We have a 40 lb rfing weight limit radian, should I flip her ffing now or weigh her every time we walk out the door?

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

tl01

I was hoping to get to 3 yo rfing, but weighed dd this morning with no shoes and she is 39.8 lbs. She is still nursing and now that my milk is in she has been gaining like crazy (was 37 lbs 2 weeks ago before the baby came).

We have a 40 lb rfing weight limit radian, should I flip her ffing now or weigh her every time we walk out the door?

I wouldn't want to but I'd turn her. That's really close to the limit and you never know if a scale is perfectly exact.

andre149

I would flip her or look into a 45lb rf radian (if you'll need one for the new baby eventually)... I wouldn't leave her rf in a 40lb seat. You did great by keeping her rf this long!

Mom2FiveGirls

I'd turn her too. If she eats or drinks something it could put her over 40 lbs. That's too close for comfort for me.

Great job on keeping her RFing as long as you have!

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
She's much safer in a properly used forward-facing seat than an improperly used rear-facing seat. Flip her.

kalamos23

I was going to get a f85 for dd or a radian xtsl that would be passed down to ds, but with the whole skjp thing lately, I'm really rethinking going the radian route and ffing her in the xt we have until ds needs her xt and getting the f85 then.

Are there any other seats that rf to 45lbs other than swedish seats?

Kat_Momof3

nope, but unless you need that narrow seat for a 3-across, I'm not recommending it...

if the kiddo was that heavy and under 2, sure, but not when they are over 2.

kalamos23

Kat_Momof3 said:
nope, but unless you need that narrow seat for a 3-across, I'm not recommending it...

if the kiddo was that heavy and under 2, sure, but not when they are over 2.

Well, she was 36 lbs at 18m, which is why we got it, but then I had the m/cs and got pregnant with this baby and she stopped gaining since my milk supply dropped, and she has food issues. Anyway, long story short, I wouldn't be surprised if ds was close to 40lbs by 2yo.

That being said, we have a tahoe so don't need a radian for a 3 across, so that is good!

kalamos23

Just wanted to update, she was 40.4 yesterday and 42. Something this morning with her boots on so I am glad I turned her but sad that her rfing days are over :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC