How to un-do RF LATCH on My Ride?

Amymalone

For the life of me I can not get my LATCH strap to loosen. Is there a trick to this? I have the one with the push button and I can't get it to release. Help!

ADS

momtotwogirls

Usually i push the whole latch clip towards the back of the car then push the button the pull back while holding the red button down

Amymalone

Yep. Push button and I am really not liking it very much. I still can not get it undone! I have to switch car tomorrow and I am freaking out now...

Cryssy Jane

What is the "lap" section?

sorry should have been more specific, I was referring to the latch belt as the lap section (it's been a long day). Try pushing down on the button and pulling up on the latch strap (not the tail part) and see if that helps at all.

Amymalone

No luck. I am giving up for tonight. Worst case my mom takes my van for the day. Dang, I am sort of missing the ease of the Britax LATCH.

autumnlily

Are you putting some weight in the seat first to take some pressure off the latch strap?

:yeahthatlove: Exactly what I was going to say. Then, once you put the pressure in the seat (on the side with the release button), pull up on the lap portion or the taut portion (not the tail) as you push on the button.

gsdguenter

Sorry, I had to laugh when I read this. How about just using an SL strap from SKJP and you'd have no problem loosening it :p

Disclaimer: for lurkers or if my post is not clear that I am joking, I am NOT actually suggesting she does this! NEVER use a part from another seat

Kat_Momof3

put one hand in the seat and push down... with the other hand... push the button and pull the whole latchplate (the piece with the button) away from the seat... that should introduce enough slack for you to then let up on the seat and grasp the latch belt and loosen it some more.

KaiLing

My method:
step 1: Put child somewhere far from the driveway. Put emergency break on.
step 2: Put your entire upper body and maybe a leg or two inside the car so that you can reach the loosening thingy while putting pressure on the seat
step 3: Wiggle the heck out of the seat while trying to loosen the thingy
step 4: Use entirely abusive and inappropriate language and threaten the MyRide with obsolescence in the basement (see step 1 above) while bouncing the entire car (see step 1 above).
step 5: Give up, storm inside and make your husband do it. This step can be augmented by drinking alcohol, accepting faith in a higher power or (if it's your preference) giving up faith in a higher power.

That helps, right?!

Amymalone

I finally got it out after climbing in the seat and doing some craZy acrobatics. Hopefully I either won't have to move the seats often or I get a bit more flexible!

On a side note... Why were the buckles changed? Are the ones that I have ok?

Amymalone

KaiLing said:
My method:
step 1: Put child somewhere far from the driveway. Put emergency break on.
step 2: Put your entire upper body and maybe a leg or two inside the car so that you can reach the loosening thingy while putting pressure on the seat
step 3: Wiggle the heck out of the seat while trying to loosen the thingy
step 4: Use entirely abusive and inappropriate language and threaten the MyRide with obsolescence in the basement (see step 1 above) while bouncing the entire car (see step 1 above).
step 5: Give up, storm inside and make your husband do it. This step can be augmented by drinking alcohol, accepting faith in a higher power or (if it's your preference) giving up faith in a higher power.

That helps, right?!

Thanks for the laughs!

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC