Statement from SKJP

ADS

Stelvis

Except it's still not telling people that a problem exists, or that people should stop using the strap until this can be resolved....

jess71903

Ambassador
It makes me wonder what "testing" they did. Did they install it RF in an Oddy or Explorer and then use it? Mine installed perfectly in my '06 Explorer. It was only after using it a few times that the loosening was evident.

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
I agree however, it is better than:

"We've never heard of this problem before"
Put duct tape on it
You're too fat to install the seat
You installed it wrong
"This matter is closed"
Please contact Susan at 888- we dont give a *^&%*
And deleting posts and blocking people on FB.

Its not a solution, but its a start. They at least acknowledged that the MAY be an issue.

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
Does any video out there exist that shows a child actually loosening the SuperLatch??

I think this is as close as it gets.
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JflJ2gMk3g&feature=player_embedded"]YouTube - Radian xtsl super latch coming undone[/ame]

NicoleCPST

Senior Community Member
It makes me wonder what "testing" they did. Did they install it RF in an Oddy or Explorer and then use it? Mine installed perfectly in my '06 Explorer. It was only after using it a few times that the loosening was evident.

I wish I had asked what exactly they are testing it is, but I did suggest they try an effing Ody! heck I told them to come here, that a local C-S.O CPST would be probably be willing to come there and replicate it, alas, Russ and thier engineers are not at that facility.

Sorry I should have used the multiquote....

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC