Best cover options

Chris

So, we are carseat shuffling/shopping for the 4yr old and 1 yr old. I am wondering about good cover options/trim levels for these seats that I am considering. I prefer to avoid any snaggy mesh, or other covers that get messed up easily. I like the microsuede types much better and am looking for gender neutral/boy covers. I drive a 2005grand caravan and need to option to install both in the captians chairs and 3rd row

Maestro-Are these all the same, just different colors? Or are there different levels of padding etc to consider?

Truefit-Regular, premier, or recline? All of their seats look to be velour/microsuede...is that true?

Radian XTSL-Which covers are non-mesh?

Complete air-really confused here. I think that I have read that the recline part of the LX actually makes install harder in some cars? My seats are slippery leather that puncture easily, does that make the LX base a better choice?
Do they even offer any microsuede/velour covers? Are some less snaggy than others?

ADS

ctbcleveland

Most of the Maestro covers are sort of velvety with a solid color trim. There might be an exception with the brown covers (I think BRU has that one), but I am not sure, I've just never seen it in person. I believe all the padding levels will be the same.

I have had a true fit Cappucino, Sporty Blue and Blue Aurora. The Sporty blue is like a slick, water-proof material (like a Britax Onyx cover). Not snaggy at all, but not velour-ish either. Their velour-ish ones look so cozy, I want snuggle with Blue Aurora.

I have an XT with the mesh and I don't like it, but I don't know the names of the fabric that are mesh free.

You are on your own with the complete air. I don't own one and know very little about that seat.

Chris

Thanks for the infor you could provide. Hoping some others will chime in and fill out some more info.

vonfirmath

We have the Maestro for our 3.5 year old and a 2006 (I think -- might be 2005) Grand Caravan. The cover of the car seat has not been a problem at ALL. I have NOT had to take it off and wash it -- I suspect that might be a problem because it uses plastic clips to clip onto the seat.

It is mostly installed in the captain's chairs, but I've had it outbound in the 3rd row behind the driver and it fit fine. I have NOT installed it in the middle of the 3rd row yet

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC