Arms getting stuck in CCO loops

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Has anyone had problems with their child's arms getting stuck in the CCO loops? (There are fabric loops that can be used to hold the harness out of the way while getting a child in/out of the seat.)

DD2 has done it once or twice in the past, and now several times this week. On the way home today, she got both arms stuck in the loops! Of course, since she's RF, I can't see that she's stuck until I open the door to get her out of the seat. And she fusses in the car half the time anyway :rolleyes:, so there's no way for me to know when she's just fussing and when she's complaining because she's stuck. (She doesn't really talk much yet, either, so she can't tell me she's stuck.)

She hasn't been hurt, and I supposed I could just cut the loops off, but I'd rather keep the "harness out of the way" option. Has anyone called Combi about this? Do their redesigned covers have a different style loop?

ADS

monica-m

CPST Instructor
I don't think DS knows those loops are there. I have never seen him mess with them but then again, the CCO is in my car and I am the one driving most of the time so I can't see him. It never even occurred to me that they could get their arms in there, I thought the loops would be too small for that.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
It never even occurred to me that they could get their arms in there, I thought the loops would be too small for that.

Definitely not too small.

IMG_0162.jpg

APmama2MAK

I can just imagine someone next to you at a light thinking you have her restrained like that for some reason :p she doesnt look happy about it, youd think shed stop doin it if it wasnt fun?

NVMBR02

Someone else posted about this awhile back, though I can't remember if it was the baby's arm or leg getting stuck.

We haven't had that issue, at least not yet.

NVMBR02

Here is the thread I was thinking of.

It was the leg getting stuck.

ETA: now re reading hat I remembered that dd did get her hand in the loop one time and she couldn't get it out, but it wasn't twisted or anything, she just couldn't figure out how to pull her hand out. I had forgotten all about that.

BookMama

Senior Community Member
Safety pin it to the side of the seat, where she won't be able to reach it?

That would work, but then I wouldn't be able to use the loops to hole the harness back while I get DD2 in/out of the seat.

I was hoping someone here with the same problem had called Combi about it. Guess not. :(

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
DD got her hands stuck a couple times. I mentioned it to Vera at Lifesavers and she hadn't heard of it but could understand how it could be an issue.

I told her that I (and others I know--based on a previous discussion here) don't even use the loops to hold the straps. (I only use them as toy rings :eek:) I suggested they do away with them all together.

I always loosened the harness enough that I could dump it over the sides to keep it out of the way. Or I'd just dig it out. Seemed to take less time than sticking things through the loops.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC