Recaro Proride on aircraft?

LindaSFO

Has anyone flown with the Recaro Proride? I'm wondering if it will fit in an airline seat. Also, this is a dumb question, but my daughter is 11 months and rear facing. Does the seat go in the aircraft rear facing too or front facing?

ADS

Jillybeans5

I have no experience with the Proride, but I do know that you should definitely install it rearfacing on the plane until she is at least 2 yrs old.;)

KaiLing

I can't help with the Proride either, but to clarify: if you look in your manual you'll most likely find that they state that the age range for forward facing is 1 year and older. That's true on the airplane like it's true in the car. So you have to install it rear facing in order to follow the manufacturer's instructions. Take the manual with you and you can show anyone who questions you that you're following instructions. I believe the Proride is FAA approved, so you are allowed to take it and install it rear facing. How much room there is I can't help you with since I don't know that seat, but you're certainly allowed to do it.

M

MilhouseV

In case anyone is still looking for an answer: We had taken ProRIDE with us and even had it installed rear-facing on an aircraft. Because of its size and recline it can only fit rear-facing in "premium" seats on major carriers ("main cabin extra" and such). Even in those extended rows, it prevented the person sitting in front of it from reclining back - the seat took the entire space. On other aircraft, bulkhead seats may work for RF. So unless you can guarantee yourself premium seating, plan on using ProRIDE front facing.

U

Unregistered

For person who just used Recaro proride on aircraft 3/2014, was it extremely difficult to get it on plane(ie tight down aisle and on aircraft seat)? We are traveling to louisiana from Ca and wondeting about if we should take on plane or gate check? Any advice would be appreciated? Flying United economy.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC