what do you say?

amelia222

A FB friend posted a pic of her DS3 this morning. It's his first birthday and the pic is him FF for the first time :( I can only assume she had seen at least one of my many ERF posts. She is a highschool friend's sister, but we talk occasionally when we run into each other at kids' events. Do I message her, or comment on the picture? Or just let it go? He's in a 3-in-1 with a push-down buckle (expired??) with the infant insert still in so I will message her about that anyway.

ADS

momtotwogirls

I post so many ERF stuff on my facebook that you'd have to be totally oblivious to not see it. When my friend turned her almost 1 yr old front facing I PM'd her and basically said that I didnt want to cross a parenting line or anything and it was her choice if she wanted to keep him forward and then gave a few erf links and an aap link and said that if she still chose to keep him forward too PLEASE read the manual, as the straps were WAY too loose and below his shoulders and he had a belly clip. She hasnt posted anymore pictures so I dont know if she has fixed any of it or turned him around.

miraclebabies

This alot some "friends" or even family.. I post info, links and reasons why ERF is so safer and people don't get it. I had one mom (a sister of a old daycare kid) tell me well my 20lb, 10m old loves to see us and she's so much hapier. I nicely said the benifits and that my 15m and 28m old are still rear facing and will be till yadda yadda and she said well the carseat says ff at 22lbs but she's fine. Then she goes on asking if she's a bad mom cuz her 10m, 20 lber is ff.. Guess she didn't get it. I know how you feel , wish we could help and protect all the babies and toddlers out there.

Jan06twinmom

One option is to ask her a question. After the compliment (of course), ask, "Did you hear about the new recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics to keep children in rear-facing car seats until a minimum of 2 years old? Let me know if you want some links so you can do your own research or do a google search for "extended rear-facing."

Melanie

Kegracin

One option is to ask her a question. After the compliment (of course), ask, "Did you hear about the new recommendations from the American Academy of Pediatrics to keep children in rear-facing car seats until a minimum of 2 years old? Let me know if you want some links so you can do your own research or do a google search for "extended rear-facing."

Melanie

This is how I like to send my messages. I always send it in a private message, I think its less offensive. I also often just link the ERF article from the blog that way they dont have to ask or go out of the way to look for the message.

KaiLing

It isn't beyond the realm of possibiltiy that she hasn't seen your fb postings: there was a change a while back where facebook started filtering what you get in terms of what people show up on your feed. You have to know to click "edit options" at the veeeeery bottom and choose "show posts from all your friends and pages." That's out of the realm of technological know-how for lots of people, and the kicker is that if I post something to fb telling people how to do it, only the people who already did it are assured of seeing it!

Not to be all long winded and off topic, but just know that she might not have seen your stuff.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC