Question Car Seats in Dodge Ram Quad 2500

U

Unregistered

Hubby is looking to purchase a Dodge Ram Quad 2500 truck. Currently my 2 year old son is either in a Graco Nautilus or Graco MyRide65 forward facing, and my 2 month old daughter is in a Graco Snugride....I'm not to concerned with that, but my babies are tall, so she will outgrow the Snugride around 6 months, in which case we plan on transferring her to a MyRide65.

So real question is, can this fit a Forward Facing and Rear Facing MyRide65 at the same time? I am not concerned if the seats are next to each other.

Buying new car seats might be an option as long as I know for sure I can fit a rear facing and forward facing car seat in the back. Thanks.

ADS

Laurelz

yes. ;) The MR would have to be in the middle rf'ing and the Nautilus would have to be outboard since it requires all of the base on the seat. :)

I have had a Radian rf'ing in the middle, ff'ing outboard, a Frontier ff'ing outboard, and many other seats in my husbands and it's this same truck. It's a good big backseat.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
We have a Mega Cab 3500 and EVERYTHING works back there. The only problem I've encountered is the Coccoro over-reclining, but I think that's a Coccoro issue more than a Ram issue.

One other small problem is that (in ours, at least) the buckle stalks are so...non-existent, really...that it's hard for my DS to buckle himself in some boosters. The Monterey has worked well though.

R

rathina

I forgot to mention this would be an older style from 1998 or so, not one of the newer ones. I'm not really sure that makes much of a difference.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
And I should mention that I thought a Quad Cab had the same back seat as a Mega Cab, except that the Mega has some bed space taken out for the part behind the seats. But then DH said he thinks the Mega Cab has a bigger back seat too. So my experience might not matter.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC