Do you read your manuals

Do you read your carseat manuals before using the restraint?

• Yes, always

Votes: 58 84.1%
  • I usually skim it

Votes: 9 13.0%
  • No

Votes: 2 2.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
ADS

mommycat

Cover to cover. (Well, almost.) And then I re-read them to remember what I've forgotten as I go along with an install. (Car and carseat manuals that is. Not the toaster manual.)

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
Oh, great, I'm the only NO vote...well, I do read them sometimes, parts of them, when I have a problem... :rolleyes:

Victorious4

Senior Community Member
As Leila would say: "Ooooooooooooooh!" & insert clicking tongue clack noises with bug eyes + shaking head :p Shame on you Julie, you're setting a poor example :evil grin:

I do read mine when I first get a new seat -- mostly for the purpose of figuring out how easy to understand it might or might not be for other families :twocents: then I only skim through it if I have difficulty.... Since I try keep my own seats installed relatively permanently, I rarely recheck the manuals (except if someone else has a question about a seat that I own) :whistle:

mominabigtruck

I usually do, if its a new seat, something I've never used before. I keep all my manuals in a big zip lock baggie so I know where they are if I do need to look again.

Starlight

Senior Community Member
YES!

Of course I have.

And I keep them all in my van, in that stupid pocket on the back of the passenger seat, with the spare parts (except the Radian foot-projectile, which I keep under my bed). Keeping them in my van means I can consult them whenever installing them... and we do a lot of change ups.

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
Oh, great, I'm the only NO vote...well, I do read them sometimes, parts of them, when I have a problem... :rolleyes:

This is me too! :D

I did when I first got the seats or I do when I come across a new seat I have never installed before. But, On seats I help families with daily that I work with all the time. Then the answer is NO!

Starlight

Senior Community Member
This isn't a "everytime you see a 3-n-1, do you read the manual" question, this is a "when you buy a new seat, or when you have to install a seat you've never seen before, do you read/skim the manual" question.

Once you've read it/skimmed it atleast once, you've probably got the basics and don't need to read it every single time you put it in.

cdncasper

Isn't the instruction booklet the best part of buying/trying out a new seat. I love to read it the second I can.

LuvBug

I read the manual word for word before I even buy the seat, then when it arrives I skim it to refresh myself before I install, and if during installation I forget a part or want to be certain I look at it again.
But once Ive done that for the first time for that particular seat I only go back if I forget.

I also read the manual of seats I dont even own, just to see what they say lol!!!

Loves2sing

I have read all my manuals word for word before installing them. *but* I haven't read the Radian manual yet, but I haven't installed that seat yet, my friend Jen did, she's a tech, and her ds is also riding in a Radian.

Jeanum

Admin - CPS Technician Emeritus
Staff member
Yep. In fact, I downloaded the Regent manual before I even bought the seat. LOL.

Me too, LOL. I usually do that if the manual is online before I buy a seat, then read it again when I get the seat in case the print and online manuals differ. ;)

jen_nah

CPST Instructor
This isn't a "everytime you see a 3-n-1, do you read the manual" question, this is a "when you buy a new seat, or when you have to install a seat you've never seen before, do you read/skim the manual" question.

Once you've read it/skimmed it atleast once, you've probably got the basics and don't need to read it every single time you put it in.

Then yes I read the manual before I ever install it.

Amaris

I read the manual from front to back (at least all the parts in English) before I mess with the seat. When I install or move a seat I will look at the part that deals with the type of install I am doing just to double check that I'm doing it right.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC