Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

How to get into chat and Community Member Coffee Break?

I'm not a CPST and can only talk about car seat specific info for so long. Was hoping to gain access to the Community Member Coffee Break forum.

I applied through Group Memberships, but after a short bit with no response, I looked around some more and it looks like one of the Paid Subscriptions would serve the same purpose? What's the difference between that and the Group Memberships?

I went and looked in the Unofficial FAQ and found a link to a chat sticky, but alas, it's apparently in an area of the forum currently off-limits to me.
    Andrea, child of God, wife of Tim, mama of
    L, B, ^i^ J, J, and G born Nov '14

2. Thank You from:

3. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

CPS Fanatic
    I think you need a certain amount of posts and reps. I could be wrong.

Re: How to get into chat and Community Member Coffee Break?

All it says is "Requests to join must be approved by a group leader." On other forums that I'm on, the Group Memberships page also lists out any special requirements for that group. I don't see any. :shrug:

And what's a "reputation" and how does one increase their reputation? I didn't see that mentioned in the FAQ. How's a newbie supposed to figure these things out without someone to guide her?

CPST and ketchup snob ketchupqueen's Avatar

CPST and Mom to Emma, 15, Bridget, 13, Maggie, 11, Katie Sue, 6, Jimmy, born May 2019,
    and Becky, waiting for us as part of our eternal family.
    Our '02 Odyssey, car seats, and seatbelts saved our lives. Now riding in a '13 Odyssey!

There used to be a way to apply and have a group leader grant access. That was changed years ago when it became automatic after a certain threshold for time registered, posts and reputation. I gave you a "Thanks" click, that might be enough to do it.
    Welcome to Car-Seat.Org! Click to Post a Question. Please respect our signature guidelines. Thank you.
    These topics have useful information: Main Announcement, User Guidelines, Please Support Car-Seat.Org
    Please support Car-Seat.Org by using forum links to Amazon (please bookmark!), Wayfair, Target, Walmart, Albee and our Sponsors.
    All Website Content Copyright© 2001-2019, Car-Seat.Org, All Rights Reserved
    Terms of Service | Privacy Policy | About Us

Thanks, that worked!