What seat should I bring on vacation.

bbartlettnfld

Well I'll be heading home for the summer in a few weeks and it is time to start thinking about what seat I should take with me. DD is 4 yrs and hovering around 38lbs. I have 2 possibilities my MA and my AOE. DD still fits well in both. My trip involves leaving here and stopping in London to change flights then 2.5 weeks in Newfoundland with my parents then another flight and 2.5 weeks in Toronto before returning here.
Being able to use her seat on the flight to London is probably not going to happen, so Gate checked with crossed fingers. Then I should be able to use it on the AC flight to St. John's. Dh doesn't think I should bring a stroller, BUT I am thinking that taking the ZAPP would be a good idea as then if I bring the MA I can fit it in the ZAPP and DD can ride in the MA in the ZAPP. The ZAPP fits in the OH bin so I would have it with me, the only problem will be getting everything off the plane with out loosing DD in the process.
My dad will be flying with me from here to London but from London to St. John's I am by myself. I am really thinking of just gate checking her seat on both legs of the journey as its really stressful to get everything organized and by then I'll be 4 months pregnant which for me means the uber emotional part!
I know its safer to use her seat on the plane, but how much stress should I but myself through, its 12 hours of flying on which I will get little to no sleep. As you can see I just need some ideas on how to work this out. I can't get the Go-GO kidz here so that is out.
TIA
BethAnn

ADS

Gypsy

Senior Community Member
She could growth spurt and outgrow the AOE in a matter of days.

I'd take the Marathon.

Especially if the MA fits with the stroller. They usually let moms with stuff on and off first, so I wouldn't sweat the loading and losing bit. And if they do let you on first, you might try the MA...I would guess that it'd be more comfortable to travel in than a plane seat!!

Loves2sing

I would definatley take the Ma too. Considering it's such a breeze to install, I think it would make your whole trip smoother. Forget dh's advice about the stroller... TAKE IT!!! it will give you a little less stress, especially cause you'll be doing a lot of the trip solo.

Are you talking about London England, or London Ontario BTW? Considering your Dad is flying with you to St. Johns, I am assuming it's Ontario

CDNTech

Senior Community Member
I'd bring the MA and hope you can install it on the plane for your overseas portion flights. Your DD will be much more comfortable in the MA and it is super easy to install.

Definitely take the Zapp. You will need a stroller to trudge through airports with and it's a total bonus that you can attach the MA to the Zapp and have DD ride still. That should make the solo part of your trip fairly decent to manage.

Be prepared to argue that you are ALLOWED to use your MA on the flight at the canadian airports. A lot of the airlines don't seem to understand it is allowed and recommended. I had issues on the East coast leg of our journey.

bbartlettnfld

I'll clarify, I will be traveling from Doha. Qatar (Middle East) through London England then on to St. John's NF. If I was traveling within Canada I would not be worried.
Anyway I still haven't decided, if I bring the AOE and DD out grows it I'll replace it with a Radian, Which sounds like a much easier seat to travel with then the MA. Then the new baby could use the Radian RF so I won't need an infant seat. Anyway the more I think of it the more likely I am to bring the AOE since DD is so close to out growing it, then get a Radian when I get home.
BethAnn

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC