Question Tell me about the Kidfix Britax booster

mlohry

So I always see people talking about imported seats on here, so I looked at Britax site and found the Kidfix. Looks interesting. I need a booster for my son and can't find one I like, wish I could try this one! How does it compare in size to boosters made here? How does one import? Just curious. Isn't this like the old Monarch, did people like that? It was before the time that my kids needed boosters.

ADS

Qarin

I don't know anything about it, but I can say that while I would consider importing a Swedish seat to rear-face a child who was still under 2 or 3 years old and had outgrown the seats available here, I would not do so for a booster seat whose function can be easily found legally here. Why are you considering it?

mlohry

Qarin said:
I don't know anything about it, but I can say that while I would consider importing a Swedish seat to rear-face a child who was still under 2 or 3 years old and had outgrown the seats available here, I would not do so for a booster seat whose function can be easily found legally here. Why are you considering it?

It just looks like it has really good SIP that I am looking for and latch and a wide belt path. I just wish there were more options out there for boosters that fit taller, older kids. I am just not sold on any of the US boosters at the moment. I won't import, was just wondering what the odds are that we get more options for boosters here are.

mish

How does one import?

I won't import, was just wondering what the odds are that we get more options for boosters here are.

I can see the confusion from Qarin's post. You originally asked how to import. Now you say you won't, you were just wondering. Perhaps you could have worded your first post a little differently so we wouldn't assume you wanted to do it. I read it the same way Qarin did.

Just ftr, I wouldn't import a booster either. But then again, I wouldn't import a seat to rf longer.

mlohry

I was honestly, just wondering how you import seats, where do you go to order them. Not that I would actually do it. Thankfully my kids are peanuts so they will be able to ERF until a good 4, 5 years old in US seats.

luckyclov

Importing child seats, from my understanding, is legal. Using them, here in the US, is not legal. Some people do that whole parental decision thing and use them anyways, feeling the potential benefit(s) outweigh the potential risk(s). I really want a MT, but I'm still on the fence since I have options here to keep DS2 RF'ing to 3 1/2-ish, which is my goal.

Several members here have imported their convertibles from: www.carseat.se . The owner is also a member here, adventuredad.

mlohry

clov878 said:
Importing child seats, from my understanding, is legal. Using them, here in the US, is not legal. Some people do that whole parental decision thing and use them anyways, feeling the potential benefit(s) outweigh the potential risk(s). I really want a MT, but I'm still on the fence since I have options here to keep DS2 RF'ing to 3 1/2-ish, which is my goal.

Several members here have imported their convertibles from: www.carseat.se . The owner is also a member here, adventuredad.

I checked out that site the other day, lots of good info! I won't import a booster I decided, but I do like knowing about other countries options for seats. A little jealous! :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC