Prosport quetion

tl01

Anyone have a Prosport installed with a seat belt in the highest harness slot position? If so, can you take pics of the belt path? Does the belt bother your rider?
Thanks!

ADS

firemomof3

I was playing with mine today and noticed that the top harness slot was not bothered by the seat belt. I can take pics in a bit

tl01

I was playing with mine today and noticed that the top harness slot was not bothered by the seat belt. I can take pics in a bit

I'm not worried about the harness slot but rather where the lap beltbportion goes across the seat. Does that make sense?

jess71903

Ambassador
Ok, yeah. I get what you're saying. I have wondered that, too, but Gage is barely on the 3rd slot, so I don't know. Is there a way to route the lap belt behind the bottom part of the cover? I know that's not technically in the directions, but I think I'd do it for that top slot if it was bothersome.

tl01

Ok, yeah. I get what you're saying. I have wondered that, too, but Gage is barely on the 3rd slot, so I don't know. Is there a way to route the lap belt behind the bottom part of the cover? I know that's not technically in the directions, but I think I'd do it for that top slot if it was bothersome.

The cover is in the way unless I cut it. I have pics. I'll load them later. I can't imagine it would be comfy. Thanks for the link to your review:).

I'm wondering if it is my belt geometry? I think it would still stick out even if the cover was there. :(

jess71903

Ambassador
Mine sticks out, even under the cover, but it's at a place that I don't think would make it uncomfy. Just kind of a lumbar support or something, you know?

jess71903

Ambassador
Ok, yeah, I see what you mean now. I didn't realize the bottom pad included the side wing, too. Routing under the cover would interfere with the shoulder belt.

tl01

Gonna go ask DS1 what he thinks of the seat. I'm going to also see if it is better in DH's car.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Here is my pic. It lap belt sticks out about 2" away from the seat. I routed under the cover here.

S__0601.jpg

Spam

I had that issue too, Recaro sent me a comfort foam piece to place over the belt and that seemed to help. Austin didn't complain about the seat, but he also never slept in it until I had the foam piece. They were going to send me a finish product version of it, but I haven't heard anything else about it.

AtTheSouthDam

I kind of figured that is what this was about. It was the same way in the Young Sport. Does the LATCH belt actually sit any closer? I didn't notice a difference between the two when I installed with a seat belt.

That said, DD2 has never complained and still proclaims this her favorite seat. It is also the only seats (YS and PS) she has fallen asleep in over a year.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
The latch has got to be the same. I haven't tried it, since all kids I end up with come in sets of three.

tl01

So it turns out that Recaro has a wedge for this issue. I ordered it this morning and will take pics when it arrives.

AtTheSouthDam

So it turns out that Recaro has a wedge for this issue. I ordered it this morning and will take pics when it arrives.

Bumping. Did you ever receive the foam? Would you mind doing pictures still, if you still have it? DD2 has started complaining about it suddenly and as much as I would love to just get a new seat I think DH would rather I figure this out.

BTW, you're PM box is full :p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC