Pineapple Juice + Radian Straps....

babygirlsmom1005

boy it's stinky. Anyway, on the way home, Marshall dumped a full sippy cup (he opened it) of pineapple juice onto himself while strapped into the radian. I called SK and they said to wash with baking soda and water, just not to saturate the straps, but ummm, the straps are already soaked completely through (and so was Marshall). I explained this to Kristen and she said she was going to check with a engineer there and call me back....

anyway, any experience with this? Darn it, I just washed that cover too >.<

ADS

andre149

I'm not sure on pineapple juice specifically, but I would think it would be hard to get the "sticky" out without saturating the straps, even if baking soda helps the smell... hopefully something works :)

babygirlsmom1005

OK got a call back, they are suggesting replacing the straps, which I am perfectly fine with. Going ahead and ordering the straps and crotch buckle as well since there is juice down in there too.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC