just curious what your ideal would be . . .

Jocey'sMommy

so my daughter is 4 now(feb) she is right at 40in tall now and she is approx 34 lbs (weight fluctuates) she is now FF in a Nautilus full time but I am getting pretty sick on the Nautilus to be honest . . . its heavy, no one can come close to installing it but me, no on can un-install it but me, J has head slump, I have to clean the cover once every week or two and I HATE taking the cover on and off :(

so . . . . .

if price didn't matter, what would you buy to replace it???

she still fits in her roundabout 50 on the top slot FFing(with an inch or so to grow), I have not checked rear-facing install for FFing because has outgrown the weight limit

just measured her today and she has a 14-15in torso

She is on board with rear-facing again if I go that way . . .

so what would your ideal be??

ADS

glockchick

I'd get a Frontier 85 cause I love it, but that wouldn't solve your problem on no one being able to install it but you unless they have latch available, at least in my case. ;) I have to do a LBP install and your average person wouldn't be able to do that.

It does go in super easy with LATCH in my experience though. :)

NannyMom

A Frontier? Or a True Fit? My daughter is the same age and size. She has maybe 2 inches of growing room in her TFP. It's reclined just enough that she doesn't have head slump.

christineka

Frontier85. I like it best of all the ffing combo seats. or a radian. I love the radian. Why are you cleaning the cover so often? Is it bodily fluid spills? If it's something preventable (such as no food in the car), I'd go with that option. It's much less hassle for me.

luckyclov

Frontier85. It's by far my favorite combo seat on the market. It'll last you the longest, too.
Just make sure you don't get a mesh-y cover, if the reason you're washing your Nauti cover so much is due to to sweat/spills/whatever.

Jocey'sMommy

Frontier85. I like it best of all the ffing combo seats. or a radian. I love the radian. Why are you cleaning the cover so often? Is it bodily fluid spills? If it's something preventable (such as no food in the car), I'd go with that option. It's much less hassle for me.

Cause I am OCD lol she still sits cross-legged and gets her dirty feet/shoes on the cover and I can't stand for even 1 smudge to be on my seats . . . got really spoiled with how easy it was to take off and wash the marathon classic and roundabout 50

I was originally thinking of getting the frontier instead of the nautilus but I ended up getting the nautilus in the great trade-in event at BRU and I STILL had to order it (only frontier was the tan one :thumbsdown: for in s
tore pick up )

so Frontier?? Everyone she rides with has latch right now :D so this might work . . . she goes with her great-grandparents every other weekend and they sometimes switch vehicles, they are VERY good at making sure seats are installed well but for the life of them they cannot take the Nautilus in and out lol (they even make sure to use the teather :love: )

glockchick

Yep. The FR has the nice LATCH connectors so you just have to push the button to release them instead of having to loosen the strap like on the GN. That's the main reason I install the GN with the seat belt if at all possible. I hate those latch connectors.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC