Boost Air - sleeping and width

Carrie_R

Ambassador - CPS Technician
I know this isn't a terribly popular booster, but hoping someone can help anyways. Two quick questions:

1) How is it for booster sleeping?

2) What is the width, at the base (like across the belt path, not including the armrests, which seem to stick out from the seat.)

Trying to figure out summer arrangements and contemplating getting something w/a back for the oldest, instead of using the Literider. Thanks!

ADS

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
I'm honestly not sure anyone here has one. I hope to be buying one soon, because dd really wants one. (we have a complete air for ds, and she wants "pillows" too ROFL) and if I do, i will probably do a full review.
I will say that the armrest dont stick out from the seat (they have them on display at our walmart, we've looked it over a lot) they are like the turbo where they are basically even with the width of the seat, IMO. I cant know for sure about sleeping, but i assume it depends on your vehicle seat curvature, because its just a really flimsy piece of plastic that is going to conform to your vehicle seat angle.

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
me me me! I just haven't reviewed it yet :eek:
Both girls are home today and they both fit comfortably (heck, even my butt was comfy in it, in the house, I'm a little tall in the torso, lol), so I'll put that on the top of my agenda.
I got the Kmart one, Leah actually liked the Kinrod/blue color best, for only about $50, I'm glad she liked the cheapest one I could find :D

Carrie_R

I know Gypsy has one, I might PM her if she doesn't see this thread. Other than that I wasn't sure if anybody had one.

Jools, pictures would be great. I need it to fit in my dreaded 3rd row... A is certainly old enough for a backless (he'll be 10 in July) but he'll only sleep in a HBB. It makes me so sad to see his little sleepy eyes back there in the afternoons while everyone else is snoozing away. I'm hoping the exterior measurement just in front of the armrests (or about 2" in front of the seatback) is down around 14", is that too much to ask? LOL. All I can fit in that spot is a Monterey or the FPSVB.

The Pronto is junk for sleeping (Z kept falling out of it,) not sure if the Boost Air is any better. I just can't justify another Monterey when I won't even be with these kids anymore in three months, lol. If it's too wide or isn't good for sleep support, I'll go back to Plan A of just borrowing his Monterey when he wants to sleep in the car.

I think I need a flow chart for seating kids in my vehicle. :cool:

Kat_Momof3

I would love to see a review and pictures... Ruthie's Vivo will expire in 2013 and I don't see spending a ton on another highback at that point... however, if she's not yet ready to go backless, I do see this one as a contender (depending on where we stand in terms of vehicle headrests at that point)

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
wow thanks for the pics jools. But the thing jumping out at me is the lap belt fit looks awful. Really high up on her tummy? it looks like it is covering red shirt, not pink pants? At the very least, even if it is *acceptable* it doesnt look nearly as low down on the legs as a turbo or literider. Hmmmm.....this changes everything for us.....

bobandjess99

Senior Community Member
thanks! i can see in that pic how it is down a lot lower than it looked in the other pics (I hate pics of lap belt fit, they always seem to be "off")

joolsplus3

Admin - CPS Technician
thanks! i can see in that pic how it is down a lot lower than it looked in the other pics (I hate pics of lap belt fit, they always seem to be "off")

Yeah, I wish we had an app... somewhere between horizontal on the lap and vertical on the belly would be the sweet spot :D

My kids have been in quite a few truly horrible boosters (Cosco High Back, Evenflo Sightseer), so I'm attuned to good/bad belt fits and would have noted if it were concerning to me IRL :) (but looking at the pictures? Yeah, I can see the not-perfect-look of it).

Kat_Momof3

SIGH... tippy when close to wall in third row... and that's in a honda... I know what it would be like in my van... guess I'll have to see what vehicle we have at that point... I may just have to reconcile myself to her going backless in 2013... or buying another Vivo.

Carrie_R

Thanks, Jools! It looks like it *might* fit there. Nothing is ever assured when it comes to my third row... :rolleyes: Measurements look like it might squeak in, though. :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC