Question multi-tech, would you?

MaggieQ

Senior Community Member
DNw is 5.5. 42 lbs and has at least 3 inches above his head in the RN xtsl. If he makes it to 6, I'm comfortable boostering him then.

Here's my dilemma: DN is 3.3 37 lbs has maybe 2.5 inches above her head in the CA, maybe 2 in the radian.
She is no where near ready or old enough to booster train and FF harnesses have been giving me conflicting feelings lately. Should I just suck it up and order the multi tech while I still have extra tax money? Or am I insane? I'm nervous because she has a monster torso, wears 5t pants and xs/s in big girl tops.

Sent from my PC36100 using Car-Seat.Org

ADS

AnnaC

Would I, personally? If I had the spare cash floating around, sure! I like to daydream that by the time one of my kids grows out of the seat they're in now that I'll be able to afford 2 swedish seats and RF them 'till they're 6. :whistle:

But would she be perfectly safe FF when she reaches the limits of her other seats? Sure!

So I guess it's just about what you're comfortable with, and if you have something else you need the money for more.

gsdguenter

If you have the $, absolutely! I love mine and wish I could get another. But, if there are other things you need/should spend the $ on then no. FF harnessing is perfectly safe when done correctly.

Now, having said that, I want my LOs to go rfing to boostering and hope they make it to 6. I am fairly certain DD1 will make it but not sure about DD2

KaiLing

That's what our tax refund went toward. But it's for a 2 year 4 month old instead of a 45 lbs RF Radian, so that's my justification. ANd I dithered for a month. And it hasn't gotten here yet. (But I did it!)

MaggieQ

Senior Community Member
Oh I forgot! I can only get an acceptable install of my xtsl with LATCH. :(

How much was it after all shipping and tax and what not?

Sent from my PC36100 using Car-Seat.Org

KaiLing

How much was it after all shipping and tax and what not?

$622.15. Gulp. So that's more than twice the Radian, but for me I hope it's twice the time. I had a XTSL shipped before I decided to do the MT, and once I'd committed to another RF car seat I just went all the way. I wish I'd bought it a year ago. Its not like I thought the son of a 5'9" and 6'9" person was going to be small, or even normally big...

LuvMyCharlie

$622.15. Gulp. So that's more than twice the Radian, but for me I hope it's twice the time. I had a XTSL shipped before I decided to do the MT, and once I'd committed to another RF car seat I just went all the way. I wish I'd bought it a year ago. Its not like I thought the son of a 5'9" and 6'9" person was going to be small, or even normally big...

You sound like me. LOL I should've remembered my hatred for the Radian. I am, after all, on my THIRD one.

Also, is your signature correct? Twenty-one inch torso?!?!!?:eek:

KaiLing

You sound like me. LOL I should've remembered my hatred for the Radian. I am, after all, on my THIRD one.

Also, is your signature correct? Twenty-one inch torso?!?!!?:eek:

No, that's totally wrong, that's with his head (since he's RF I was doing to top of head, not worrying about the harness). 17" torso. He's still all torso (as am I), but he doesn't look weird. Thanks, I'm a dolt.

oxeye

If you have the money for it, why not? I have absolutely zero "need" for one as I have small to average sized kids. Car seats are my hobby though and I wanted one so I saved up for it.

I love the seat and don't regret it for a second.

lovemybabies924

If your not taking money away from anything else go for it BUT if your car broke down a week after u order and u wouldn't be able to fix it I say no :)

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

KaiLing

It is!! My 8 year old doesnt even have a 17in torso.

I measured him again this morning, and I swear, it's 17". We could say 16.5" if we were being conservative. We're the biggest. I'm so tall in the torso I can't drive the Honda without slumping. I expect him to outgrow the multi tech a little after his 5th birthday. (And I feel just a wee bit guilty saying "no, no, his legs are totally comfortable!" to the ERF skeptics! But that's OK:D )

MommyBoha

I measured him again this morning, and I swear, it's 17". We could say 16.5" if we were being conservative. We're the biggest. I'm so tall in the torso I can't drive the Honda without slumping. I expect him to outgrow the multi tech a little after his 5th birthday. (And I feel just a wee bit guilty saying "no, no, his legs are totally comfortable!" to the ERF skeptics! But that's OK:D )

Well, I guess I should add, that I have small kids. DS is 8, weighs 48lbs is 48in tall and has a 16.5 in torso. DD is 5.5 is 35lbs 42in with a 14in torso. My kids are a car seat nerds dream:p

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC