If u never had to see a .... Again??

lovemybabies924

If u never had to install a certain seat again what would it be? For me it's a TF rear facing!!! I HATE the lockoffs on that seat RF haha but FF is almost as easy as my old safeseat step 2 lol

Sent from my iPod touch, sorry for any auto-correct typos!

ADS

canadiangie

I really dislike seatbelt installs with the Peg. 99% of the time I use a locking clip, and that's never super fun.

I've come to realize I'm not a huge fan of the baby trend base with a seatbelt install too. In fact, I really dread it. The belt path is pure insanity.

When the belt is just barely long enough to do lbp on a frontier I can think of other things I'd rather be doing. Then I give it one last knee boot and bang it in and feel relieved. But there's that moment where I don't love it.

Oh, a rear facing tf at 45 degrees for a noob. Getting those lockoffs closed is a total work of art. I like the myride a lot better for a noob mostly for this reason.

There's a long list of old school seats too, but I think this thread was intended for current seats.

tarynsmum

Senior Community Member
An Aurora said:
Summit. I hate that tether.

I'm also not super fond of the 3-in-1 install.

OMG I had almost forgotten about that awful, completely impossible double-rethread tether. Maybe I was trying to block it out or something.

msg221

Now see, I don't mind the lock offs on the TF or the Graco. I finally tried the one on my MA70 and I don't like them very much. Or maybe it's because I've had a horrible time trying to get anything installed in the center of my Highlander and I'm still pissed off about that! I'll be fighting with that seat one last time tomorrow morning before we leave to pick up our niece and great-niece from the airport to try and get SOMETHING installed in the center.

As for a seat I hope to never see again: either an Evenflo Titan with a seatbelt install because of that horrible belt path that is so small and the scratchy plastic that ate up my hand and the 3 in 1 seats.

eyeslkethesky5391

Senior Community Member
Now see, I don't mind the lock offs on the TF or the Graco. I finally tried the one on my MA70 and I don't like them very much. Or maybe it's because I've had a horrible time trying to get anything installed in the center of my Highlander and I'm still pissed off about that! I'll be fighting with that seat one last time tomorrow morning before we leave to pick up our niece and great-niece from the airport to try and get SOMETHING installed in the center.

As for a seat I hope to never see again: either an Evenflo Titan with a seatbelt install because of that horrible belt path that is so small and the scratchy plastic that ate up my hand and the 3 in 1 seats.

I HATE the MA70 lock offs...I just can't get them close to save my life even with the sweet spot trick

Angela

3 in 1's - These are 'okay' installing rf, but I HATE ff.
Evenflo, Dorel, and Baby Trend infant seats - I dread seeing Evenflo infant seats when they come to checks because there's a very high probability I'll have to tell them it won't work in their car. Dorel infant bases because they usually require locking clips with seat belt installs (plus the noodles that they always need). Baby Trends because of their insanely narrow and obnoxious bases.

carseatcoach

Carseat Crankypants
Cosco HBB. The install is okay, but it's almost always for a kid too small to be FFing or a kid who's outgrown it by height and fits dreadfully in the booster.

jaded

Any seat with the ALR lap belt in my husband's Explorer. I HATE ALR belts.
*edit* Wait, I just remembered that the only seat I actually liked using with that belt was the SafeSeat1, because of the lock off. Otherwise, I curse that seatbelt every time I have to install a seat.

For old-timers, I was ecstatic when Century discontinued the Smart Move, and the Breverra Classic(well, didn't that move to a Graco metro or something like that?)

amelia222

any dorel 3-in-1. They have razor-sharp plastic on the inside of the belt paths that slice my hands open every time.

hrice

Agreed. The new lock off SUCK! Hate them!

Ok that was supposed to have a quote lol. I was concurring with the hatred of the new Britax lock offs.

canadiangie

Use a square of grip liner.

I'm trying to figure out why pp breaks a nail each time, and then I'm trying to figure out what the square of grip liner is for.

When I release a ss1/32/35 lock-off I always unbuckle the seatbelt first. Then the lock-off just opens easily. Trying to open the lock-off with the belt still buckled is hideous.

When I'm closing it over a belt I use the palm of my hand.

What am I missing here. What is the grip liner trick for?

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC