Liam's summer ride.

kidzndogz

He's been riding in a BLVD70 in my car and a CCO in Shaun's. He outgrew my beloved Keyfit. It's sitting here sadly looking at me. Anyway, I don't have vents in my back seat and it just takes forever for the back area to cool off, even with the front vents pointed up. I don't use the infant seat as a carrier (even as a noob) but I liked that I could throw it in the shopping cart in the store so it wouldn't heat up in the car. Something about putting your already sweaty kid into a heated puffy seat inside a burning car is not great. At least if the seat itself isn't 200 degrees it makes a difference.

He doesn't fit in the SS1 anymore. I tried. Too tall. So I used my tech discount to get a Shuttle33. I like it...it's pretty! The fabric is nice and it installs like a dream. The only things I don't like is it is a PITA to push the little button to loosen the harness. I can never get it. I also don't like how the canopy bunches up on the raised headrest and then the handle can't go over it. And the buckle is plastic. Not plastic-coated metal. Plastic. Not sure how I feel about that.

He's got a few inches to grow, so that's good. It should last till the heat lets up a bit in October or so. I hope.

Here's some pics. The headrest is at the highest position. It's too low at the next slot down. Liam is a newly turned 9 month old. :love:

IMG_2478.jpg

IMG_2477.jpg

IMG_2474.jpg

ADS

J-max

CPST Instructor
First, he is so flipping cute!

Second, I really like the colors on that seat, so bright and summery :D. Why do infant seats get all the cute, bright colors? (rhetorical quest ;) )

Ladyl

It's so cute! Actually they both are, the baby and the seat:D

Can you post pictures of the buckle?

An Aurora

Senior Community Member
OMG I love it! Super cute! And the seat's adorable too :cool:

For the push button, it's easier to slide your thumb under the cover to push it down. My old Combi had the same mechanism and the dot on the cover didn't always line up. It's very quick and easy to do it from under the cover though :)

AnnieW625

What a cute seat, and cute baby!

May I ask how tall your DS is? My DD1 is 30.75" long so she technically only has 1.25" left in the seat but I have been told that I can use it longer than that until she has less than 1" of headroom left. My DD is all legs and looks like she still has oodles of headroom in her seat, more like 2" left.

wvmommy007

I love the colors on that seat, and Liam is adorable. I have one in violet, and love it.

I have pictures here if anyone is interested. I have a couple that show the buckle. I really :love: my Shuttle.

monica-m

CPST Instructor
Liam is such a cutie!

I have a Combi stroller that matches that seat. I am now trying to convince myself that I don't need an infant seat for my toddler even though he will still fit.

kidzndogz

Here's a cruddy cell phone pic of the buckle. I'm honestly not sure how long he is exactly. Rough measurement with a tape measure while he tried to claw out my eyeballs and crawl away was about 29 inches. He's 23lbs.

photo.jpg

Spam

I like the bright blue and Liam is adorable as always :) I didn't like the buckle or the adjusting on the shuttle.

TerisBoys

How adorable. I love the second pic where he's all kicked back with his foot up and such a serious gaze.

Really? 9 months? That doesn't seem possible.

mommy2env

He is such a cutie pie. The colors on the Shuttle are awesome too!

Do you want to re-home that Keyfit? I'm going to need one for my noob in December. :whistle:

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC