Pics and video of the Eddie Bauer Baby View Mirror

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
I took these pics, and just haven't gotten them up. The mirror says "crash tested". Well, we all know there are no standards for crash testing after market products. Still, I wanted to see if this mirror was any different from the others we carry. Turns out, it was.

100_1486.jpg

100_1480.jpg

Still the same old clip and webbing.

100_1482.jpg

100_1477.jpg

100_1485.jpg

Video:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/40126481@N07/5691502132/in/photostream

ADS

Baylor

Re: Pics and view of the Eddie Bauer Baby View Mirror

Maybe they just get a bunch of guys together and throw it at each others heads...:p

I always had mirrors for my rfers.. I just would go and find the lightest one I could and make sure it was secured..

What is it made out of?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter

Fabric and plastic. Like the others, but thinner.

Emi's Mommy

Wouldn't it be safer if it was using a the top tether to be secured versus just clipping it around the head rest?

NannyMom

Former Mboss bought that for mw to use with BabyS. I may or may not have let the older kids hit each other on the head with it to test it out :whistle:

(meaning it is so light I didn't see it as a problem)

Judi

CPST/Firefighter

Wouldn't it be safer if it was using a the top tether to be secured versus just clipping it around the head rest?

I think the safest this would be to upgrade the webbing to something like what is on a car seat, that can handle the heat, then put a metal tether hook, or atleast a better plastic. For SUVs and mini vans, upgrade the plastic clip.

scariestone

DS's first mirror was like that. The one we have now is a little stiffer but still lightweight and it goes around the headrest vertically instead of horizontally. Where did you find the monkey one at?

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member

Honestly I don't trust any attachment system to not come undone, no matter how sturdy it looks. The video makes me hopeful, though. I tell parents who DO choose to use a mirror to basically not count on it staying secure-- so if you COUNT on it being a projectile, is that one you're okay with? And it looks like this is pretty much unbreakable, and completely soft and lightweight-- so the answer would be yes.

ketchupqueen

CPST and ketchup snob
Staff member
How big is it? And what about that structure on the back pictured in the directions- is that at all hard and pokey?

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
How big is it? And what about that structure on the back pictured in the directions- is that at all hard and pokey?

7"wide by 4.5" tall for the mirror itself.

9.5" X 7" including the fabric, but not the monkey head.

The back part is a fabric square, with a wire encased around the outside. That piece is held on by Velcro.

vamom

The mirror part of ours looked like that. Ours had no monkey, just navy fabric. It came with a sticker to attach then the harness system. I was pleased with it. I had a kid with breathing and reflux issues and it was important to me.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC