Britax Frontier 85 SICT

ADS

APmama2MAK

I am just thinking of all the people who cant use it already because its so wide, I guess this is meant for the people with only one child and no more planned haha.

On a side note GAG @ the comments on the britax facebook page

"You can't really get safer than a Britax and a newer Britax may be a little safer than the previous Britax but even that previous model is light years ahead of any thing else on the market!" :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Shanora

I responded...lol

Ahh yes the good old Britax Bubble. Cause you know you don't even need to use the Harnesses, cause after all it IS a britax seat.

Seriously? Its just a seat with some stuff on it. Yeah there are added safety features, but it doesn't mean its the safest best seat on the market and that any other car seat out there will be putting your child at risk.

The safest seat is on that FITS your vehicle, FITs your child, and is used PROPERLY 100% of the time.

A properly used Cosco Serena is SAFER than a half ass used Britax.

SafeDad

CPSDarren - Admin
Staff member
Under some circumstances, I think it is definitely worth consideration over a Frontier 85 without the side cushions.

Having enough room is one.

If it is installed in an outboard seat is another major one.

If you have an older car that lacks side curtain airbags and has average (or worse) side impact crash ratings, that might be a factor, too.

Compared to another combination seat, no one knows what seat may be better in terms of safety. If you're the type of person that thinks having EPS foam around the head and torso is a feature that you would insist upon having, then I'd think external side impact cushions would be just as important, possibly more important.

If you're more of the school of thought that just having your child safety seat properly installed and used correctly in the back seat reduces the risks to an extremely low level, then it probably doesn't matter which appropriate carseat you select.

I tend to be closer to the latter, but I do think side impact cushions have a theoretical advantage in many side impact crashes. Whether they translate to fewer injuries or fatalities, we may never know.

Shanora

I'm looking into getting one, cause My 5 year old sits in his harness next to my 11 year old who is only in an Adult belt, and I think the cushions could offer him extra protection if we were to be hit on the opposite side of the vehicle from him.

Baylor

If you have an older car that lacks side curtain airbags and has average (or worse) side impact crash ratings, that might be a factor, too.

I have been saving for a FR85.. When I saw this I thought I might save some more. I don't have side air curtains and We don't buy new cars only gently used so I want to make sure my kids are protected as much as I can.

Darren's quote, is exactly why I am considering it for me.

TXDani

Senior Community Member
I am considering buying one for my 4.5 year old. He sits in a captains chair so space isn't an issue and he is outboard. The only thing that makes me think twice about getting the SICT over the regular Frontier is that we sometimes put him in third row with his older siblings when we carry an extra adult.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC