Another review of the Cybex Aton!!

ADS

luckyclov

The canopy is a little funky, but I could deal with it. Would it be weird for me to get one without a newbie sized human to put in it? :whistle:

Spam

i want to play with one. I'm in love with the purple and am considering replacing my t35 for pumpkin with the aton.

J-max

CPST Instructor
I really want to play with one too. I was all set on a key fit for this baby, but I love the colors of the Aton so much more :D.

Kat_Momof3

canopy is actually a SOMEWHAT easy fix... if you were using it with a carseat carrier type stroller (NOT IN THE CAR - there I would rather use cling-shades or have tinted windows or sunglasses for the baby... though being lightweight, I'm sure it wouldn't be a big risk in the car... just saying I'd want to have the carseat company AND maybe a tech (or one of us exprienced regulars) try it to make sure it isn't in some way a risk)

http://www.protect-a-bub.com/pr_car-seat-sunshade.html

in a stroller using the carseat, I have no reservations on it.

I think the aton looks exceptionally cool when I see how quickly and easily it is installing in a real car (not just a display bench)... I just wish she had a baby young enough (I know from her blog that her youngest is too big for this seat) to have displayed how it fit a baby to give an idea of the internal size of the seat.

babygirlsmom1005

Those are some long harness pads, I wonder if they are required or not, I cannot see them fitting a newborn without the chest clip at the belly....I still wanna get my hands on one and molest it!!!

sunnymw

babygirlsmom1005 said:
Those are some long harness pads, I wonder if they are required or not, I cannot see them fitting a newborn without the chest clip at the belly....I still wanna get my hands on one and molest it!!!

Considering that the euro version has no.chest clip, I would be awfully tempted to try it without. :duck:

babygirlsmom1005

I've seen handle up also....IDK one of those things you won't know until you get the manual in front of ya.

If you look at the one she had in the video, there is a chest clip below those long harness pads....so I am assuming it comes with a chest clip for the US version and they just borrowed a euro version pic.

mommyof3tx

Has anyone here actually had their hands on one yet? I was set on a Coccoro but my DH wanted an infant seat, now that this is out I might change my mind. But what is a realistic time for them to fit by height...not at all worried about weight I don't have very big babies

mommyof3tx

If anyone else is interested I asked Hollie, lady in that video from Baby Gizmo if she could measure for me and here was her response

"I measured the seat. Plus, I measured the Britax B-Safe, Britax Chaperone, Graco Snugride and the Maxi Cosi Mico to compare. Here is what I came up with: Aton - 17" seatback and 12" seat (back of seat to front of shell-where the butt sits), B-Safe - 19" seatback and 14" seat, Chaperone - 20" seatback and 13" seat, Maxi Cosi - 20" seatback and 10" seat and Graco - 20" seatback and 11" seat"

Very short, don't think it will be what we get with that information :(

Kat_Momof3

I thought it looked short... but if you don't use an infant seat long and/or you have leggy kids, then it's not a big deal.

LISmama810

Admin - CPS Technician
I can't wait to get one!

I hadn't planned on using an infant seat, but I need something for DH's car and I fell in love with the Aton at Lifesavers.

I didn't try it with any babies (real or fake), but I don't mind a shorter shell. I'll buy a convertible later on.

Now I just need to decide on a color.

babygirlsmom1005

I can't wait to get one!

I hadn't planned on using an infant seat, but I need something for DH's car and I fell in love with the Aton at Lifesavers.

I didn't try it with any babies (real or fake), but I don't mind a shorter shell. I'll buy a convertible later on.

Now I just need to decide on a color.

Same here, I already have a TFP the baby will go into when it's convertible time, plus with my shorty of kids, the short shell doesn't matter. I still wanna get my hands on one before buying though....

cryswilkins

Has anyone here actually had their hands on one yet?

MomToGupCPST and I did yesterday. :) What are your specific questions?

Overall, what I liked the most was the fact that they manual was really really really well written. The seat is light, but the base is HEAVY. The canopy is actually really nice IRL.

babygirlsmom1005

MomToGupCPST and I did yesterday. :) What are your specific questions?

Overall, what I liked the most was the fact that they manual was really really really well written. The seat is light, but the base is HEAVY. The canopy is actually really nice IRL.

Did y'all take measurements of the harness slot heights? If so, what is the lowest slot height (with and without the infant insert in)?

Does the harness pads look as big as they are in the video above (and if it says in the manual or not if they are required? I'm weird and actually don't like harness pads).

Does the handle have to be all the way up or back when driving?

Sorry for the 20 questions, the shop that was suppose to be getting it in near my house, the owners decided to close it so they are not getting them now :(

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC