Making kids safer, one question at a time.  Welcome to the Car-Seat.Org community!   Motor Vehicle Crashes are the #1 cause of fatal injury for children and adults, age groups 1 to 34.   Selecting a safe car, minivan or SUV, plus correctly using child restraints and seatbelts may be the most important things you can do to protect your family.   Need help installing an infant, convertible or booster seat?   Looking for carseat reviews or compatibility advice? Need help buying the best and safest car seats for your baby, toddler or older kid?   No question is a bad one, so please click here to ask our experts a question and then join our friendly community of moms, dads, caregivers and advocates in the USA and Canada.   Thank you for visiting; buckle-up and drive safely!

Sponsored Ads

Cybex Solution X Fix

Tell me what you know about it. We are in the market for a new booster for DS and I came across this one. So far I like all the stuff I have read about it but want to know what people's personal experiences with it are.

DS stats: 6yr. old, 46.5in tall, 52lbs.

2. # ADS
    Sponsored Ads

Re: Cybex Solution X Fix

I found it to be too short for dd1 and when I tried out 3 different kids in the seat they all said they felt like they were being launched out of it I don't know, I thought it was really nice but my kids hated it. I know many others have had great experiences with it though. I really think its vehicle/child dependent.
    In this picture I had my vehicle seat reclines about 4 clicks which gave the seat enough recline so my dd1 thought it was OK. But I would not ride around like that, I don't like it. I want her booster to be as upright as possible and with the SGL, Oobr I can do that.
    DD1 10.5y/o seatbelt
    DD2 8y/o 45" 52lbs. backless
    DS 7y/o 51" 58lbs. ProBooster or backless

Re: Cybex Solution X Fix

I'm not thrilled with what I see in crash test videos on YouTube.
    Melissa, CPST and Mom to three