Got my ProSport!

firemomof3

I orderded the ProSport yesterday at 4pm and it came today at 10am :eek: Diapers.com has the fastest shipping I have ever had!
So ya the ProSport is just a newer version of the Young Sport which is fine because I really loved my YS. I will say that the crotch buckle is horrible when it comes to moving it :mad: It installed in about 15secs and dd2 loves it. I love the deep sides, smooth even pull of the harness and I'm hoping she doesn't have any head slump when she sleeps. In booster mode it was a perfect fit which didn't surprise me.
IMG_0208.jpg

IMG_0209.jpg

IMG_0210.jpg

ADS

hrice

Wow that's an awesome belt fit! And it supports her legs nicely!

Beautiful rider too. :)

firemomof3

Oh thank you :)
I think this seat is a nice option for kids who don't like the GN. I really love our GN but my dd2 has head slump in the captains seat (but not in the 3rd row, figure that out :confused:). And I do plan on keeping her harnessed for at least another year.
I don't care for the Frontier85 but so far I like the ProSport. I plan on playing with it a bit more and doing a belt install to see what kind of issues I run into.

jess71903

Ambassador
I love my PS!! The smooth harness adjuster is awesome. Gage has had zero head slump in his. Those wings are perfect for sleeping on, apparently.

Every seatbelt install I've tried, the shoulder belt crosses right where the harness comes out. I didn't have to adjust the harness or anything, and the other side passed the pinch test, so I didn't do anything to it. If/when I have to switch to a seatbelt install for him, though, I'll likely undo the harness on that side to let it fall in between.

Judi

CPST/Firefighter
Yeah, I want to see how you shoulder belt hits. I have issues with every car I have tried.

mykidsmylife

Love the color... I am putting Seths back in the van b/c he is getting headslump in the FR85 so bad that he is waking up crying in pain. :( He just doesn't like that the pro-sport lacks a cup holder but where he sits has a cup holder.

Kat_Momof3

that seat looks made for her and (not to play devil's advocate) if they only complaint you have is on moving the crotch strap, at least it's something that is so RARELY going to have to be done with the seat.

AtTheSouthDam

She looks like she fits the same as DD2! (Who, by-the-way, is wearing the tank top that matches those pants right this very second :p)
I love out ProSport almost as much as the Young Sport. I've never had to install with a shoulder belt but it scares me to try :eek:

ETA: the Hannah cover washes up very nicely, too. Gentle cycle in the machine even got out all the dried dandelions DD2 put in the those little mesh pockets.

StPaulMom

I love my PS!! The smooth harness adjuster is awesome. Gage has had zero head slump in his. Those wings are perfect for sleeping on, apparently.

Every seatbelt install I've tried, the shoulder belt crosses right where the harness comes out. I didn't have to adjust the harness or anything, and the other side passed the pinch test, so I didn't do anything to it. If/when I have to switch to a seatbelt install for him, though, I'll likely undo the harness on that side to let it fall in between.

I have the same issue (as I'm sure others do) with the seat belt crossing right AT the harness. Is this an issue that Recaro has addressed, meaning, have they said that it should not be used that way? I, too, thought about undoing the harness to get the shoulder portion of the belt between the harness straps, but wasn't sure if that was ok.
Other than that, we love it :)

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onehitko860

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC