adding absorbent stuff for potty training?

KaiLing

I've got a mostly academic question. What are you allowed to put under your kid who has stopped using diapers but can't always make it until you stop the car? My general plan is wool pants and not really caring if the seat gets peed on and I know this is strange to most people. But I'm the only person I know in real life who has an already potty trained 2 year old so this is coming up in conversation and I don't want to tell people to use things that are not allowed. Can you put cotton diapers under a clothed kid or between the kid and the crotch buckle? Are those thingys they sell that go under kids allowed (what are they, puddle pads or something)?

ADS

monica-m

CPST Instructor
I wouldn't have a problem with putting a prefold under the child. You could also try a waterproof lap pad or a thin changing pad that is backed in PUL as long as nothing interferes with the straps or buckle. It shouldn't add any more padding than a cloth diaper would.

momtotwogirls

When my oldest was potty training I had a few grocery bags in the diaper bag and i put one under her when we went somewhere so if she peed it pretty much jsut absorbed into her pants and stayed on the bag.

MaggieQ

Senior Community Member
I think a Cloth Diaper insert would be ok...I'm thinking like from a BG.as long as it's not so big is interferes with the crotch buckle.

christineka

The sk dry seat is approved for use in the sk radian. Other than that, I believe the official answer is that nothing is allowed. I'm okay with something no thicker or poofier than a cloth diaper. I've used the dry seat in non sk seats before. It doesn't route the straps, nor is it any thicker than a diaper. I've found out that it doesn't really work for large amounts of liquid anyway.

Car-Seat.Org Facebook Group

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jillianrose109

You must read your carseat and vehicle owner’s manual and understand any relevant state laws. These are the rules you must follow to restrain your children safely. All opinions at Car-Seat.Org are those of the individual author for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily reflect any policy or position of Carseat Media LLC. Car-Seat.Org makes no representations as to accuracy, completeness, currentness, suitability, or validity of any information on this site and will not be liable for any errors, omissions, or delays in this information or any losses, injuries, or damages arising from its display or use. All information is provided on an as-is basis. If you are unsure about information provided to you, please visit a local certified technician. Before posting or using our website you must read and agree to our TERMS.

Graco is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Britax is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org! Nuna Baby is a Proud Sponsor of Car-Seat.Org!

Please  Support Car-Seat.Org  with your purchases of infant, convertible, combination and boosters seats from our premier sponsors above.
Shop travel systems, strollers and baby gear from Britax, Chicco, Clek, Combi, Evenflo, First Years, Graco, Maxi-Cosi, Nuna, Safety 1st, Diono & more! ©2001-2022 Carseat Media LLC